Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Family Fun!

Diana got these matching blue outfits from Hawaii. Nana's are the best! I have never had matching outfits for my girls before. I just love these pictures. You can see how much affection they have for each other.
OK, so you wanted to see my in the kid's dress up wedding veil, so here I am cooking in all my glory. Quite the look, eh? Tennis shoes, jeans and a wedding veil and my two faithful attendants!
This is nothing! Now I have duct tape wrapped around the top and the entire bottom of his cast. I am just praying it will make it another two weeks! I caught him playing in a dirt pile the other day. I am going to take a picture when they saw that puppy off. I can't imagine what it looks like underneath! Ugh!
Steve has lost so much weight that now he can jump on the trampoline with his kids. They just love it when Daddeo hurls them through the air! There is nothing, absolutely nothing that makes my heart pitter-patter more than when I see my big tough fireman playing with his children. It's the best romance ever!

This gets me thinking...(I know, watch out!)

If you are struggling in a difficult marriage and you are having a hard time feeling love towards your spouse, do what Gary Thomas says,

"Break it down. Focus on the here and now. Put the future in God's hands. Some miles will seem easy, and some will feel hard, but you need to focus only on the one you're currently running. Let the others remain in his care.

Can you love your spouse for this one day?"
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."-2 Corinthians 9:8
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Love the veil!!! Very cute picture.

Kimberly said...

Just make sure and hold your nose when that cast comes off- his leg will smell way worse than it looks!

J said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you!!!! I got chills reading about Steve loving you by jumping on the trampoline and playing with your precious children!!! Yes, you are RIGHT! One mile at a time. One step at a time. God is so more than able to carry the rest. I am thankful to have enjoyed the honor of reading your blog for so long and from our earlier email correspondence. It just makes that picture of him, plus what you wrote, absolutely precious!!! And how it encourages my heart! Oh the wonderful ways God works in our hearts and lives...He changes us!!!! To Him be the glory!

And I must add, I haven't laughed so hard at a photo in a long time...you are rocking that veil, all while cooking, and with your two faithful attendants!!! :) You are an awesome Mom! No doubt moments like that bring great pleasure and joy to our heavenly Father.

And the matching outfits! SO FUN!!!

Connie said...

The little matching dresses are so sweet! Mom use to make matching dresses for 5 of us girls every Easter. It was so fun because she would make a matching dress for herself. Wonder if I have any pics of those days ... thanks for the thoughts.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

J, I just love you! You encourage my heart so much! I just know we would be best friends if we lived closer.

Kimberly, Oh my, I never even thought about the smell. Goodness gracious!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love the veil! Oh, and the girls' dresses are adorable!

I can't believe that cast has lasted as long as it has.

J is such a sweetie! Love her comment to you :)

Camille said...

Such sweet pics of your two girls in their matching dresses...how fun is that? :)

Blessings,
Camille

Sandra said...

Oh, What cute dresses - and the veil. That's precious. I love that it is the boys who are your attendents.

Sandy

Rachel and Family said...

I am lol!
That picture of you cooking like that is hilarious. Now I know what really goes on at the Browns!!

Yes, when my hubby changes diapers..... ! (lol!)

Mich said...

Love all the pictures...

Happy Wednesday!

RaD said...

Nice family fun pictures! A little bit of everything.

My husband used to play on the trampoline with our kids too. That was before the trampoline mat got old and started ripping :( But I found a place where I might be able to purchase a new mat, so soon they'll be able to play again!

OurLilFullFam said...

The smel will be smelly! When Pepper got hers off last year it had mold!! We were gonna bring it home, but it was way to stinky!

We used duct tape too :) You will need the pedi egg thing, the dead skin is crazy, but be careful because the skin under is so raw. Use cocnut oil and rub it down good.


I love the dresses, so so sweet!

Stephanie

kathy said...

Those outfits are gorgeous! I have fun dressing my two girls up the same. I also live watchinhg Jay play with the kids isn't it just wonderful!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Stephanie, thanks for the advice. I never thought of the dead skin. I have coconut oil, so I will rub it in like you said.

Catherine said...

I love this whole blog, Stacie! Your 'attendants' at the wedding to the darling girls, to Andrew in his cast, to that handsome husband on the trapoline. My, he looks good!

Jay and I are doing/loving a Sacred Marriage class. Last night I wrote him a love letter and he wrote me one. It is good.

melaniek said...

Ok, got a question for you. And if you already blogged about it, sorry I missed it! What kind of eating plan is Steve on? Hubby and I need to be losing some winter chub (well, left over baby chub for me :b)

Btw- LOVE the dresses, they are adorable!

Camie said...

Great pictures!!! Such fun!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Melaniek, he just eats waaay less! He does a lot of Lean Cuisines, because it is portioned for him. He has trouble controlling his portions. Also, less snacking. He has always been into exercising.

melaniek said...

Awesome, we'll he is doing amazing!! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails