Monday, May 31, 2010

Andrew's Cast Removal

This week, Andrew's cast finally came off. Boy was it time, too! We duct-taped it like crazy to keep it from all apart.
It actually wasn't quite as dirty as I thought it was going to be.
The incision looks pretty good and I think the scar will go away in time. He keeps giggling when he tries walking because it feels so funny. He keeps wanting to tip forward! I wonder how long it will take him to get used to walking on a flat foot. His muscles on his leg are very weak. The doc says it will take time to learn how to walk correctly.
So this is his right foot before the surgery. I don't have a flat-foot picture of his yet, but will try to take one soon.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Parsley said...

Thank God for medical knowledge that He uses to heal us!

Catherine said...

Precious Andrew! I'm sure it didn't slow him down much, but it will be good to see him really prosper in his body now.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Just in time for summer vacation!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

He's walking pretty flat-footed now! We've enjoyed having him stay with us this weekend.

Kimberly said...

That cast was well worn! He'll figure out that his foot goes flat. Maybe he'll slow down for a bit, while his muscles strengthen. P.T.L!

RaD said...

I remember when I had my cast off on my arm and how funny and weak it felt, I can't imagine how much more strange it must feel seeing as you put a lot more weight on your foot!

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

I love the home town duct tape repair pic. Not near as dirty as I expected either. ;))

Sandra said...

So glad to hear it. By the way, try Cocoa Butter for the scar - it works wonders.

Sandy

J said...

Ewww! And yea, at the same time! I'm so glad it's off...I'm smiling big! So happy for you all!

Angela said...

Love the duct tape look,lol. Boys,,how can they NOT have that look right?

What a wonderful time to have it off,,Praying for his recovery as he begins his Summer vacation and enjoying the wonderful time outdoors.

Connie said...

Things are looking good! YES! PTL

Camille said...

How WONDERFUL!! May the LORD heal him up perfectly! Kids are so resilient...I'm sure he will adjust and strengthen up in no time!! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Sarah said...

...I was almost afraid to click the link to this post Stacie! For fear of what gruesome things may have been revealed underneath the cast! Lol!

Glad to see that all went well...children are so resilient and they heal tremendously fast! Praise God that all went weel with Andrews surgery and continues to go well with his recovery!

God Bless

candy said...

Is that my name I see on that there beat up thing. It sure did not slow him down did it? The Lord is faithful,that is the truth. I know he will walk flat footed. love you

Related Posts with Thumbnails