Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Projects and Blessings

As soon as the sun starts to shine, I race through my chores so that I can play outside. I love puttering around my flower gardens. I have been weeding and dividing up plants, and planting some new varieties. Here are my favorite flowers in the whole world! I look forward to seeing these beauties bloom! Such vibrate colors! It amazes me how God created so many flowers for us to enjoy.
I convinced Steve to help me take off the front half of my trellis house. The trumpet vine and wisteria were out of control. I can't prune like I used to with my back being bad, so we cut them all down and took off the ripped up lattice. Steve and I put up the new stuff. As you can see we need to trim the top so that it is even. I have decided to make this area (where the bark chip is) a rose garden. I have three climbing roses (two of them are called "Climbing Peace") and then I am going to plant a bunch of miniature roses all around this area. I love roses, but have not had much success growing them. I am learning all about them from my friend, Catherine.
I hired my brother-in-law to fix this middle tier in our wall. It was not put in right and was very sloped and dangerous. I have avoided planting anything over there because I knew it was just going to get trampled on when we fixed it. I look forward to filling these beds in and having solid color for the spring and summer. I even planted a lily for my Lily by the Candytuft. This wall looks so much better! Thanks Michael, you did an excellent job!
I have discovered that Lily loves to be outside! It was such a beautiful day, that I stripped her down and let her get dirty. She kept going over to the driveway and loved throwing rocks! The kids have set the sprinkler up under the trampoline and the games have begun.

I am thrilled that my oldest boys are old enough to mow the lawn this year. I don't mind mowing it, but it is nice to know they can do it if I need them to.

Spring has most definitely lifted my spirits. I enjoy watching the children play and teaching them about flowers and gardening. We planted onions the other day and have discovered blooms on our strawberries and raspberries.

"Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy!" -John Denver

Andrew is healing and has even started to put pressure on his foot. I am so glad I don't have to push him in the stroller around the house. I still have to when we go out, but at least he can get around the house and the yard now. He seems to be doing really well. Thank you for all your prayers!

Even though life is full of challenges and heartache, I know where the source of my joy is. My God gives me gifts everyday to enjoy. My job is to wake up in the morning and discover what they are. To intentionally look for the blessings that He has given me. I am to chase away negativity and instead have a heart that is grateful for even the smallest of things.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

I am blessed! said...

Looks beautiful! My oldest son is 10 and not able to mow well, yet. I can't wait til he can get the job done well!

Catherine said...

Oh, Stacie, your yard looks so inviting! Your new trellis will be delightful when full of roses too. And you are the queen of sunshine...in your heart. I know the black clouds can roll in, but you shush them, send them packing, and find sunshine even in the dark closet of your heart. You are in inspiration to me!! I LOVE you.

Camille said...

I love tulips too! The flowers indeed bring glory to their Creator! Your yard is lovely! AND such good news about Andrew...we were praying for him and you again last night.

Blessings,
Camille

christy rose said...

Your tulips are absolutely beautiful! Lily is adorable in her diaper! I love watching my kids play outside too! It is such a joy! I am glad Andrew is recovering quickly! I hope you have a wonderful week!! :)

Camie said...

Yaah! I'm loving Spring! Your garden looks so lovely! And praise the Lord for a quick recovery!

Blessings!

Camie

Jennifer @ Getting Down With Jesus said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, especially that beautiful Lily flower. She's all abloom!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Beautiful!
Wylie

Mich said...

What a great yard!

So thankful baby boy is on the mend.

Happy Monday!

J said...

LOVE the first pic with the tulips!!! Oh my! And the tiered walls with beds...I do hope you'll give us all a peek when you get them planted! Your trellis house - WOW! I admire women with such a green thumb!

Loved that last paragraph - about finding joy in our day, about being thankful for even the smallest of things. Oh yes. I agree with you.

Blessings to you, sweet friend!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That wall looks sooo much better and safer! I know it has been a rough day, but stick to the code!!! You're doing great. Most people would be jibbering idiots by dealing with what you deal with on an everyday basis.

Love you, Sis!

Sarah said...

How true is the last paragraph of your post Stacie! We must continually be thankful for our blessing and indeed to look for them!

You garden looks so well tended Stacie and I only hope to have such myself someday. Little Lily looks so sweet running amock in the garden with grubby knees!

I loved the quote from the John Denver song; we play quite alot of John Denver here and I love this song as it is so simple yet beautiful.

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

Your flowers are beautiful and I just love your backyard! Can't wait to see pictures of the roses you are planning to plant. Your daughter is beautiful and we continue to praise God with you for the recovery of Andrew!

Blessings,
Jackie

Grandma Becky said...

Nice tulips! I want to order a few more from tulip farm that's close to use. I have a few that I just love and need them in my garden. Glad Andrew is healing. Take care and remember, to get a rainbow you must have some storm clouds. I've been tired lately and sometimes I feel depressed but I know that God is with me! Now just to get to bed earlier would be great! :0)

Katrina said...

Looks so beautiful!! And the baby, running around in her diaper getting dirty and enjoying the outside...I just love that! So cute!

Together We Save said...

Looks like your little one is having fun!!

Angela said...

Even though life is full of challenges and heartache, I know where the source of my joy is. My God gives me gifts everyday to enjoy. My job is to wake up in the morning and discover what they are. To intentionally look for the blessings that He has given me. I am to chase away negativity and instead have a heart that is grateful for even the smallest of things.

amen sis...and I love that wall. the daycare children and I are outside for most the day. Today we all pulled weeds, went for a walk, and had snacks outdoors. One is only 17 months old, and a wee peanut but he loves to help pick the weeds off the driveway and throw them in the organic bin for me.lol.

I just loved Liy's picture, too cute. Praising God for Andrew's healing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails