Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lovin' Life and Proclaiming His Praises!

I love to share photos of the children, especially so the grandparents can see them growing up. The blog has been such a great way to do just that.

Lily loves putting things around her neck (we have to watch her like a hawk). When she saw this stethoscope from Andrew's doctor kit, she was in plain heaven!
Daddy is getting ready to put her to bed and she knows it. I am trying to wean her, which has been proving very difficult. She really likes her mama's milk!
Lily and I getting ready for church a couple of Sunday's ago. Her Aunt Esther gave her this dress for her birthday.
We were so blessed that Steve's folks could come to Portland for Andrew's surgery. They were a huge help watching Lily so that we could focus on Andrew's care.

I was reading Psalms the other day and came across these verses. It reminded me of why I began blogging.

"My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray
do not forsake me, O God,
Till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come."
Psalms 71:15-18

That is what I hope to accomplish here! I pray that all will see the power of God in my life. It is not by my might, nor by my power, but by HIS Spirit that I am able to do any of this with an ounce of joy, peace and love. Praise the Lord!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Amy said...

That picture of Lily and her Pop Pop is priceless. Very cute.

Struggling with faith and such right now. I am not finding the answers I need. Could you please pray for me again? I am so grateful.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm also proclaiming God's praises in a huge way last night and this morning. I've been literally weeping with joy. I can't wait to tell you about it! God has answered our prayers! I'll call you after swim lessons so I can ruin my make-up when I tell all about, LOL!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Amy,
God is so faithful. I just watched God do a heart miracle that took 6 years. But he managed to break the hardest of hearts. I know He can help you. I know He can!!! Don't give up. Keep pressing in and seeking him. I'm praying for you. Maybe you could read some Psalms today. They really helped me last night.

Blessings,
Jackie

Rachel and Family said...

Okay now I want to know Jackie's heart miracle!!

Lily is so precious!

I loved reading that Psalm.

Nadine said...

Dear Stacie,

Thank you for coming by to visit my blog and leaving such sweet comments.

I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and shall return to visit some more!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Amy, I am praying God will show himself real to you today, this very hour. Blessings, my friend!

Stacie

Camille said...

Sweet pics Stacie! About the nursing...don't get too stressed...enjoy these last days of it...she won't go to college nursing! :) ENJOY and cherish the moments...they are so soon behind us! Trust Andrew is doing well...

Blessings,
Camille

Marie said...

Your children sont tellement belles !
Thank you for your comment ! Oui, after the fight I thought of the movie and we watched it. He promised me never to watch again, I know he could still do it but I'm putting my trust on him..

Sarah said...

Stacie...thankyou for sharing Psalm 71, it is so beautiful! We have been praising, praying and weeping this week due to our wonderful news, that we have waited so long for! God is good!

I love the photographs of Lily...so is so adorable! How is Andrew recovering Stacie?

God Bless

Connie said...

Love your new photo - you relaxing among the flowers. Oh Lily has grown! Such a sweet series of her.

christy rose said...

Love the pictures of Lily! She is just a doll! And I would say that the power of God is very evident in your life through your blog. Your life shines His glory in so many ways.

Rosemi said...

Oh Stacy, I can really relate to your entire post. I am also trying to wean my little girl but she love's it still. It is my desire to reveal God's work in my life as well. I have a testimony you could read when you have the time.

Have a wonderful day!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Rosemi,

I would love to read your testimony. Please send it to me at sbfirefighter@centurylink.net

Blessings to all my friends this wonderful spring day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails