Monday, April 12, 2010

I Love You, Lord!

"Gratitude unleashes the freedom to live content in the moment, rather than being anxious about the future or regretting the past." -Ellen Vaughn
Lily is wearing the sleeper and hat that her Nana Diana made Jessica when she was this age.
Nana Diana just came back from Hawaii. We are showing off all of our souvenirs! Thanks Nana!
Here is a tired Steve, Easter morning. Check out the Buzz Light Year Easter basket that I found for Jacob at Joanne's for $7.50! He was so excited when he saw it!

I have been doing a new study on gratitude. Here are some thoughts By Nancy Lee Demoss that have been powerful for me.

Gratitude is an evidence of being filled with the Spirit!

"The fact is, we cannot whine and complain and be filled with the Spirit at the same time. When a thankful spirit resides in our hearts and expresses itself on our lips, it's an evidence that the Holy Spirit lives in us. that we are yielding to His control, and that He is producing His gracious fruit in and through out lives."

In short, we become more like Jesus! Oh, that is what I long for! Fill me Your Spirit! I want no part of whining, grumbling and complaining. I want to be filled with grateful joy to my Savior who loves me beyond anything I can comprehend. Oh thank you, Lord! Thank You for Your mercy, compassion and love that just flows through You into me. Thank You for helping me to love and serve my family with more joy, peace and contentment then I ever thought possible. I love You!!!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

J said...

You are so cute! And your tender heart for Jesus makes me want to love Him more and be more like Him. I wish I could see you face to face and give you a HUGE hug! You encourage me so!!! I've been reading Camille's blog with her "multitude mondays" with numbered lists of things she's thankful for, and my heart has been convicted that I need to pursue a thankful heart. I don't want to be a complainer, but in all honesty, I am. You challenge me. Thank you. Perhaps this summer I'll pursue the study you wrote about. Thanks!

OurLilFullFam said...

What great words!! Thank-you!

Stephanie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Just love that hat on Lily, makes her cheeks look even chubbier.

You're doing so well in this area, Stace. I know you aren't perfect, but you have certainly come a long ways.

I'm praying for us both as we start out this week to be Spirit-filled mommies who love and serve our children and husbands with an uncomplaining spirit.

Love ya, Sis!

Mich said...

I've been working on that thankful heart thing too.

Your pictures are cute!

LizyBeth said...

Thank you for the timely reminder that complaining and a Spirit- filled life don't go together.

Your kids are so CUTE!

Camie said...

Fun! Your little Lily so super cute!
Blessings!

Camie

Sarah said...

Great post Stacie!

Gratitude or showing gratefulness is very important as a Christian...my daughter and I are studying the Christ-like character quality of 'Gratefulness' in our homeschool.

Love the photograph of you and all the children!

God Bless

Camille said...

Dear Stacie ~ What an encouragement you are! One day at a time the LORD will give all that is needed to bring HIM glory! HE gives the grace and the much needed help and perspective! You are going to the right Source for help in this pursuit!! Have a lovely day!

With Love,
Camille

Amy said...

Gratitude and Grace are what I am working on right now.

Your hubby looks really tired. My hubby was a fireman/EMT before he lost his eye. He was a volunteer fireman.

Love the pic of you and all the kids. You are so blessed.

Amy said...

Gratitude and Grace are what I am working on right now.

Your hubby looks really tired. My hubby was a fireman/EMT before he lost his eye. He was a volunteer fireman.

Love the pic of you and all the kids. You are so blessed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails