Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

My little Andrew turns FIVE today! He is such a special little guy. We almost lost him three years ago this month in a bunk bed accident. I know God has a very special plan for his life.
Dear Andrew,

This year has gone by so fast! I am so excited that you are officially joining our homeschool in September. I look forward to teaching you Kindergarten, because I get to discover just how smart you really are!

I always have to keep a step ahead of you because you are thinking, thinking, and thinking some more! The things you say just crack me up! Your little one liners, your happy smiles and cute giggles. Since you were a baby, I have always said that you had an enchanting smile. You are the only child of ours that has two dimples!

Even though you are kind of a loner and very satisfied playing by yourself, I've enjoyed watching you learn to play with Jessica and Jacob. Your relationship with Jessica, especially has been so sweet to watch. I pray that the two of you will always be close.

From tractors, to tools, to spiky hair, I've watched you come into your own this year. You have matured a lot and I'm loving it. You are understanding more and more about the Bible and can recall what you learn in Sunday school every single week! I love to hear you tell me Bible stories. I pray that your heart would continue to gather knowledge and that you would grow closer to Jesus this year.

You make me feel so good with your compliments! You are constantly telling me how pretty I am and giving me hugs! You are the huggiest kid we have. I love that we are going on dates now and that you tell me to make sure I wear makeup because I need to "dress up" when we go out. Too cute!

This year is going to be a year of new beginnings as you start it with surgery to lengthen the tendon in your foot. We are excited at the possibility that you might walk without a limp for the first time in your life! I am curious how you are going to handle the pain, for you are my tough little guy. Many people are praying for you and I know that God's hand is in this.

Happy Birthday, my sweet child! I love you so much and pray that we will always be close.

Love,

Your Mommy

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my word Stacie...I had no idea that something so terrible had happened to Andrew...your re-count of the story brought tears to my eyes...I'm so sorry that your family went through that terrifying and uncertain time.

Thank the Lord for His mercies! I am so thankful that your brave son healed so well and quickly!

Happy Birthday Andrew! I hope you have a great day!

God Bless you all.

Mich said...

Happy Birthday to a precious little boy. What a cutie!

Amy said...

I nearly lost my baby on her first birthday. She choked and turned blue on me. I saved her. My knees get weak everytime I think on it.

Have a wonderful day.

Many happy wishes to your beautiful boy.

Mrs. Lukie said...

Happy Birthday, dear Andrew! You bring so much joy to your Mommy's life :)

Jessica said...

Biggest Birthday Wishes!

One Heart said...

Happy birthday to Andrew! How precious indeed. The time flies so enjoy it.

And Happy birthday to mommy too. A friend of mine always does that--she wishes happy birthday to the moms as well on their children's birthday because after all, we were giving birth on that day so indeed it is a birthday for us too. ;) Enjoy!!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Happy birthday to Andrew! I do hope it is very special. Your letter is lovely.

Thank God for saving Andrew from the bunk bed accident. How frightening!

I am praying he will do well with his upcoming surgery

~Julie

Camie said...

Oh how sweet! Happy birthday to your little man! I love your picture collage!

Blessings!

Camie

Beth said...

I remember this! I think this is when I first started reading your blog. Hope your children had great birthday's recently!

Enjoy the warm eastern Oregon weather for me. We are homesick for Oregon. (well for anywhere on the west coast really!)

Blessing to you Stacie!

melaniek said...

A very happy birthday to your big guy! I just read your post about the bunkbed and I just, well I just don't have words...you are a such a strong Momma. Thank the Lord that he's healed now :D! I was a little bummed today since it would have been my father's birthday, but knowing that Andrew's birthday is today and he has so much yet to look forward to in life...well, it's just really great for me to read today.

Again, a very, very happy birthday to him!

J said...

Stacie, you made me get teary!

Happy birthday Andrew! I am so excited for you! What a HUGE year you have ahead of you!!!

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Hi STacie,

Like always, thanks for your sweet comment. :)

Andrew looks so much like my nephew who is ten. It is really unbelievable how much they look alike. SO everytime I see pictures of him...I think of my nephew. FUnny huh!

Hope you are doing good!!

Blessings to you! :)

Chris in FL

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! We can't wait to give you your present. So glad God saved you to become the awesome boy that you are. You sure impressed Uncle Michael with what what a hard worker you are. Can't wait for you to come stay with us for a week now that you're five years old. Love you!

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

We loved the accidental sharing of Andrew's birthday lunch with Nana and Papa. Sooo funny, Nana telling him not to eat all our fries and Grandpa Fay on the other side telling him to eat all he wants.

We will be praying tomorrow for his surgery and after care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails