Friday, April 9, 2010

Birthday Tea with My Twin and a Lovely Heirloom

Jackie and I were so blessed to be able to celebrate our birthday together this year! We do not take this lightly. When we are separate for our birthday it just seems like any other day. The best gift God gave me was a twin sister to share EVERYTHING with!
Here we are at ANZAC Tea Parlor. The lighting isn't very good, but it's the best picture I had. We don't look too much like twins with my shorter hair and her blond hair, but we still manage to trip people out at church! LOL!
When we walked into the tea parlor, they were finishing up a baby shower. There was this magnificent fancy bassinet that was sitting in the room. We looked at it and was told that the mother had made this from her wedding dress. It was this beautiful ivory color! Jackie and I just went ga ga over it!
Here is the proud mother who made this for her first grand baby. She was so excited to share with us how she made it and how special it was. I asked her permission to post this because I thought maybe someone might take this idea and run with it!

We ended the day shopping for clothes and crafts. It was delightful! Happy birthday, Sis!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Angela said...

Looks like you both had such a blessed time together..((hugs))

Catherine said...

You two are too cute! I LOVE the bassinet also.

christy rose said...

You both look amazing! You definitely are so very blessed to have each other to share your lives with! :)

Suburban Simplicity said...

What a special day. And the bassinet, I would never have thought of that idea.

Mich said...

You are both too cute. My sister and I are extremely close and there are almost seven years between us, I couldn't imagine having a twin. FUN!

LOVE the idea of using the wedding dress for baby. What a special gift. A beautiful way to reuse that dress just hanging in the closet collecting dust!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks, Stacie! It was so much fun getting spend our birthday together. I don't take it for granted. That bassinet was awesome. So glad you posted on it.

Amy said...

You are so blessed to have a twin and a best friend. You both are very beautiful.

That bassinet is just gorgeous. What a wonderful keepsake.

Have a wonderful day.

Rosemi said...

Happy late Birthday!!!

Rachel and Family said...

phew! I think I'm caught up. Love your blog like always! I need to get over to Jackie's...

That bassinet is an incredible idea. I'm so glad you shared it.

Owie. (hee!hee!)

xoxo

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you both had a great time celebrating your birthday! The tea parlour looks wonderful.

The photographs were great also...you both looked beautiful and relaxed.

God Bless

Amy said...

Yes, my hubby lost his eye in an accident. He has been like this since 1993. This was before I met him. I've only seen him once with his glass eye. That was strange. It hurts him to wear it.

J said...

That bassinet is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm thinking maybe I won't let my girls play "dress up" in my wedding dress after all...wow...so special! I am filing that idea away for the future!

Happy Birthday!!!

OurLilFullFam said...

I am glad you guys got to spend it together! Happy Birthday!

That is a very neat bassinet!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails