Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Andrew's Surgery is Today- Please Pray!

 Andrew has been just as excited about his surgery as he was about his birthday! I'm so glad he is still young enough to not be afraid of the pain. What a huge blessing.

Here he is showing his family where the doctor is going to cut. The only problem is, is he got the wrong spot! It is on inside of his ankle! He tried marking it with a pen like the doctor did.

I feel like we have prepared him as best as we can. This is the first surgery we have ever had to go through with any of our six children. What a blessing that is!

We will be taking Lily with us. Lily is not weaned yet. Steve's folks are going to meet us at the hospital in Portland. Nana Diana is going to take the other three children. God worked it all out even though it was in the middle of the week. Thank you, Lord!

Please pray that this will be a success and that the pain would be minimal. Also, that there would be no complications with the "sleeping medicine" as Andrew calls it. I hope he doesn't get nauseous.

Thanks everyone! Love you all...

Oh, BTW, my bloggy friend Ruth over at Dare to Be..., made me a blog button, so if any of you are encouraged by my blog and want to share it with others, feel free "grab it" and put it on your sidebar.

19 comments:

Angela said...

I stand in agreement with you dear sis...Matthew 18:18-20....I'm praising God for going on before Andrew to make the crooked places straight and the rough patches smooth, for commanding His angels concerning Andrew to be with him in the four corners of that operating and recovery room. ((hugs))

Tina said...

Praying for Andrew and you!
In His love,
Tina

kathy said...

Praying for you guys.

Parsley said...

Praying!

Catherine said...

My prayers, thoughts and heart are with you and Steve this day. I know God will do His work with the surgeons and little Andrew. God is our refuge and strength!

Rosemi said...

I'm praying too!

Sarah said...

Praying for Andrew's surgery and for your family! I trust that the Lord will safely direct the surgeons hands.

All our thoughts and prayers are with you.

God Bless

Amy said...

Praying for Andrew. I am so glad he is looking at it as an adventure.

Grabbed your button for my blog.

Have a blessed day.

OurLilFullFam said...

Praying for him and you all!!!

Stephanie

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

Just saw the post about Andrew. I went to the doctor this morning and will be having the morning devotional with the children a little late. But, please know that we will be lifting up your precious son, and all of you during this time.

God bless,
Jackie

Mich said...

prayers

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

The kids and I are praying for little Andrew, also for you and Steve emotionally. It is no fun to go through a surgery with a child. I'm so looking forward to seeing Andrew walk without a limp. It is awesome to see all these blogging friends stormin' the gates of heaven.

Love you sis. Can't wait to hear how it all went.

Camille said...

I'm so glad you posted this! We have prayed for your Andrew prior to this day and we will be especially remembering you all today! The LORD is great and mightly and able to do far above what we ask or think! Hang in there and take it moment by moment. The LORD goes with you!

Love,
Camille

Amy said...

I mentioned Andrew on my blog and asked for prayers.

Lots of love.

Fire Wife Katie said...

Keeping Andrew and your family in my prayers...

RaD said...

We will certainly be praying! Make sure to keep everyone posted on how he's doing.

J said...

Praying for you all!

Robin said...

Adding my voice to the throng.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you all sooooo much! He is doing really well, and everything went perfectly!

I will post more tomorrow, right now I need to feed six hungry kids!

Just wanted to give you a tiny update.

BTW, I feel so loved by you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails