Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Victory!

The other day I had a huge victory in the area of controlling my tongue. I thought I might share it with you. Hopefully it will encourage you in your own walk with the Lord.

Here's the story...

I had made an appointment to go to the chiropracter on Friday. I made the it on Steve's day off so the could watch the kiddos. He decided he wanted to go jogging beforehand and told me that he would meet me at my appointment five minutes before it was to start and then he would take the kids to the park while I was getting cracked. No problem, that kills two birds with one stone.

I arrived at my appointment and I waited and waited for Steve to show up. I went in and and told the lady my circumstances all the while my tempature is rising. I was getting mad thinking how inconsiderate he was being for being late. I was stuck, though, I had all the children with me and I needed to lie on a table and get worked on. I looked around the office and saw a few toy-like items. Whew! I thought to myself, "I can do this. It is what it is." I got the older kids situated watching the younger ones and took the baby in with me. The Doc was totally cool and fell in love with Lily. Thank the Lord nobody else was in the waiting area because I could hear my four-year old and six-year old fighting from my room. As I was listening, I was starting to stress even more. So my doc, who is totally New Age, looked at me and said, "Don't stress, every thought is a prayer." Hmmm, God used her to totally convict me. I told myself, he must have a good excuse, I know his intentions aren't evil. I also knew that when we figured out whatever miscommunication this was, that he would feel terrible!

He called me on my cell at the end of my appointment and profusely apologized. He finally figured out that I was going the chiro instead of my massage therapist. He was waiting at the wrong building, so he had to walk to the fire station to call me after jogging 7 miles because he didn't have his phone with him. Poor guy!

Here is my victory. Six months ago I would have been LIVID! I would have let him have both barrels, without even waiting to hear his side of the story. This time, I could feel the Spirit actually holding my tongue. It was amazing. Keeping my husband's motives in mind was huge. The only thing I said was, "I hope you can give grace to me if I ever mess up in this type of a situation." I don't think there was anything wrong with saying that, because we have always lacked  grace towards each other. We are both working on it.

Praise the Lord! Only He could so completely change me. I couldn't have done that without some serious Bible study and prayer. I feel that God is completely changing the soil in my heart. The peace that is invading my heart is so worth it.

Thanks for letting me share.

18 comments:

Catherine said...

I love you; I love this story; and I love your chiropractor! What could be better? You are progressing beautifully, Stacie!

Amy said...

Everything takes practice. You are doing very well. Soon it will be second nature.

Have a blessed day.

Kimberly said...

Wahoo!

La Familia Garcia said...

That's great to God be the glory. He is our strength in all of our weakness

Camie said...

Praise the Lord! What a beautiful victory! I so appreciate the Holy Spirit's gentle leading when it comes to my dear husband...with out Him, I'm prone to giving in to my flesh - and it gets ugly! Thanks for sharing! ((hugs))

Camie

Deb said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!!! I am so happy to celebrate this victory with you!!!! You showed up as an amazing example of a wonderful help meet to your husband! He is a very blessed man...(and I'm sure he knows that!)
Hugs!!

Angela said...

every thought is a prayer."

that spoke volumes to me....

I keep reminding myself when faced with these circumstances,,'love believes the best, love believes the best'. Before I would have thought the worse case scenerio..speaking, thinking negatively. The Lord revealed to me..'Angela, when you do this you are cursing your loved ones'. WOW..OUCH...I realized my thoughts were NOT glorifying God, nor loving and blessing my family...what a man thinks, so shall he become Proverbs...what I think of my family...hmmmmm

Thanks for sharing girl..awesome awesome awesome!!

J said...

Oh Stacie, I am SO HAPPY for you! It is wonderful to see the Lord working in our hearts like that! Hooray for the Holy Spirit! That is wonderful...and thank you for the reminder to consider our spouse's motives. That would help me in many situations! :) Rejoicing with you and to God be the glory!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Great victory is possible when we let the Holy Spirit be in charge! What an awesome testimony!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Good for you. That would've been hard for me too.

Sarah said...

Stacie I'm so proud of you! It is wonderful to truly feel the Holy Spirit working through us! Learning to hold our tongues is VERY hard! (as I well know).

I've been practising for a while now and am getting better...I used to get mad, when I would hold my tongue about something, and my Hubby would not extend the same grace to me when a similar situation would happen...but now I PRAY silently and TRY to not get upset. It does get easier!

Thank you for sharing your victory with us! Well done you! :)

Morgan said...

That is a good thing that you were able to not get upset! Poor hubby to have to jog so far.

Mrs. Lukie said...

Wow, what a wonderful victory!

Mich said...

Don't you love seeing the growth of your relationship with the Lord on a daily basis?!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This was an awesome victory! I don't know if I could have been so nice if I were in that circumstance. You did good, Stace. You are an inspiration to all of us! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Love, Jackie

RaD said...

Wow! Yeah, I would have been mad too. But it is always good to give the other person the benefit of the doubt, especially when you know in certain situations they won't wrong you on purpose.

Jessica said...

I'm sad to admit that I would totally have gotten it wrong. I would have been patient for a while, then worried, then just ticked and I tend to say what I'm thinking/feeling. I either need to get your Bible study or carry duct tape for my mouth at all times! Thanks for sharing this victory and encouragement!

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Yeah!!!!! Jumping up and down over here for you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails