Monday, March 8, 2010

Snippets

Here are just a few quick snippets of what is going on in my life. Jacob (my three year old) took this picture of Lily, Jess and I before church yesterday. I love any picture with just us girls. It felt great to be at church again. Lily is still fighting her ear infection. I took her to the doctor today and they are going to give her some stronger antibiotics for a few more days. I hope it helps. It is like having a newborn at night. She is getting up crying 5-6 times a night. This is after she spoiled me for two weeks and slept through the night! Don't you just hate it when they switch on ya like that? LOL!
This is the new thing that my children like to do to Lily. Rub her head! Yep, it's silly, but she just goes crazy when they do it! She closes her eyes and just soaks it up.
I'm so excited that my little Lily is finally walking! That means I get to put her in dresses more often! She would get so frustrated when she tried to crawl with her dresses, so I gave up and put her in pants everyday. I have all these cute dresses that are finally going to get worn. Love it!
Here is a picture of my twin sis, Jackie and I two weekends ago when she came for a visit. We have been able to see each other quite a bit lately and it has been just heavenly! She lives three hours away, so we talk on the phone several times a day, but seeing each other is such a treat!

My house cleaner, Cassie, came over today and cleaned away! It was wonderful to watch my house being transformed as I did my regular chores. It felt like we were working as a team. We discovered that Jackie's non-toxic cleaners are amazing! My bathroom floor is absolutely shining from using the laundry soap and "409".

I have a frozen lasagna (my fast food) in the oven and am planning on homeschooling my older boys when they get home from their Nana and Papa's.

I'm looking forward to going for a walk once my hubby comes home from overtime.

Something I am working on is taking my thoughts captive. Every time I think a thought that is out of line with God's truth, I am asking Him to help me grab hold of that thought and put it back in place-under the belt of truth. Transformed speech is the result of a mind that is renewed with truth. I am trying to continue to fill my mind with godly things, Scripture, songs of praise and such. This is leaving no room for me to think ugly and sinful thoughts towards people. It is working. I am finding that it is getting easier to not judge people's motives when I feel like I've been wronged. I am getting angry LESS with my husband and children.

Have a blessed day!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

christy rose said...

That is a bummer about Lily getting up so much in the night. That would make it so much harder since she had been sleeping all night long. Love the picture of you and the girls and the picture of you and Jackie!! You both look beautiful!!1

Carson, Dillon, and Hunter said...

I, too, love the pics, Stacie. You have a calmness that is spilling out all over the place, even in pictures!!! I'm excited about the Conversation Peace study too. May God bless you richly, my dear, dear friend!!!

Carson, Dillon, and Hunter said...

I have commented under my other blog, the one my boys have begun. This is very confusing; I hope I can straighten it out!!!

Catherine said...

Okay, one more comment, just to see if I've fixed this. Sorry, Stacie!

momstheword said...

Oh she's walking! So precious. Hopefully Lily will be feeling better soon and you'll get some rest.

I love what you said about taking your thoughts captive (II Cor. 10:5). So true and the Lord is faithful.

I find that sometimes we have trained our thoughts in the wrong direction and we need His help to retrain them!

Mich said...

Love the pictures...

RaD said...

Uh... I think you mean you've been getting less angry with your husband and children :}

Sarah said...

I totally agree with the lady who commented second, Stacie, you do seem to be exuding a calmness through your photographs lately! Something is definitely working well for you :)

I'm sorry that you are having troublesome nights with your little one...we were 'routiners' and Gina Fords Contented Little Baby book worked wonders with our little guy...maybe worth a look, though I know not everyone like to routine babies...

The photograph of you and Jackie is wonderful; you both do look beautiful!

Thanks for sharing Stacie!

God Bless

Amy said...

Lily is such a cute little thing. I put her on my prayer list. A little girl at my church had tubes put in her ears on Monday. She had been having lots of infections. It helps them drain.

That is a great pic of you and your sister.

I haven't seen my sisters and parents since July. They are 1300 miles away. They don't call often, we have never been close. I talk to my parents about once a week. They never call me. You are very blessed to have a good relationship with your sister.

Have a wonderful day.

Ellen said...

Enjoyed the pictures!
Hope Lily is feeling better...

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You are doing so good! The power of the Holy Spirit is shining through your life and your blog :) Love the picture of us. I can't remember which kid it was that took that picture. I think we still look like twins even though our hair is very different again. The picture of Lily are just adorable. I really like the first one. You look so beautiful!

candy said...

I love to rub lily's head when I cuddle her It started with Wyatt, when he was a baby. They just relax so much.Jacob likes it too.

love the pictures.so cute.

Angela said...

awesome awesome awesome fighting the good fight of faith sis. Not only are you doing Ephesians battle, but Philippisan 4:4-8 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5..The stronger we dig our heels and stand our ground, the stronger we become in battling those thoughts, the emotions, etc. Lily is just too precious in that dress. I used to dress Shaneah in dresses just like that all the time...sigh.."I'm not a girlie girl" is what I'm told now when I ask her to wear a dress, LOL.

Isn't it just awweeeee ness (is that even a word?lol, but it is how I feel, totally in awe) at the good work that God is doing in our hearts, and than it is spilling over into our homes..sigh.

I love the pic of you and your sister. Just so precious.

My daughter still remembers when I would draw hearts over her face as a wee one..One day Lily may say to her siblings when she is older,' remember when you did...'...

OurLilFullFam said...

I am glad you are getting angry less, I am not doing so well with that :( But, I am praying and I know that will change!!

I am am sorry Lily is feeling so bad. I hope she gets better soon! he is starting to like Josiah in those pictures. Do ya'll think so? She is too sweet, I love the pics of just the girls too!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails