Friday, March 19, 2010

A Newfound Contentment

Lately, I have just felt so "motherly". I have always been into being a mother, but there is a whole new contentedness that has fallen on me that I just can't explain. I love my role as "wife and mother". I love being home with them and teaching them the ways of God. I love watching my baby grow and cheering her on for each new accomplishment.
I love it when my hubby does silly things like put his reading glasses on Jacob! He looks so cute "reading" Steve's Bible. I love that Jacob is now in the potty-training process. Normally, I detest this part of parenting, but it has actually been way more relaxing this time around. He is starting to figure it out little by little and wearing his underwear more and more. I will post pictures of our family's traditional "poop party" we have for each kid the first time they poop in the toilet! Exciting stuff! LOL!
I love dressing up my little Lily Pie. She is not only walking, but starting to climb into and onto everything! She gets stuck a lot in the diaper basket!
I love that my kids have great relationships with their all their grandparents. We are blessed to have my dad and stepmom living near us. I love it when they get so excited when they see their Nanas and Papas coming through the door. Even Lily is starting to screech when she sees them. It's just adorable!

Yes, mothering six children is hard work. When I had two children, I never felt this content. I was so miserable. I think I spent most of my time dreaming about how I was going to get away and have my next break. I was overwhelmed and not a very nice person to be around. God has changed me so much in this area. I do enjoy having breaks now and then, but I don't long for them and count the days until they occur. I try to enjoy each day as it comes.

I love all the different stages that my children are in. From growing boys to babies, I get to experience the whole gammet at once! It is challenging, but I have found so much reward in this new found contentedness. I am one blessed lady! I have peace and joy most of the time instead of every once in awhile. I have a good life and I want to praise God for it!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Paula said...

Awww...such a great place to be...contentment. Loved the pictures, your children are so cute!! I am at a place of contentment now too. Loving this life God has given me. (((hugs)))

melaniek said...

Just awesome! It's great that you are in a place of contentment, its where we should all hope to be :) Pics were great, just loved the one with Jacob..too cute! And Lily's little dress is absolutely adorable!

Catherine said...

A serene calmness was even in your writing, Stacie. I'm so glad that your are in the very center of God's will for you! That, and the appriciation of where God has you is lovely to behold.

Amy said...

I am working on finding contentment in my daily life. I am embracing the wonderful life God has planned for me.

I love Lily's dress. I am thinking about making a dress for my Bri. Nothing fancy. But I will feel great about doing it with my own two hands. It will be hand sewn of course.

Have a wonderful day.

Connie said...

Such sweet pics! Just have to give everyone a virtual hug - irresistible!

Sarah said...

Oh Stacie...I just want to squeeze you! I love that you are feeling so content. It is great to feel so blessed!

I have been feeling very stressed out lately, so I could certainly use some of what you have. I definitely need more time in prayer and am working on that.

Thank you for sharing...and I adore the photograph of Jacob reading lol!

Kimberly said...

I really like when I'm washed with contentment, usually it follows a period of strife, making it all the sweeter. PTL!

christy rose said...

Awww! what an beautiful post! I love being a mom too! Isn't it amazing how much we grow as a mother when we look to the Lord as our place of escape instead of anything else because He is always with us and we can always escape to Him and allow Him to mold us into His image so that we can always enjoy whatever place we are in our lives. I loved this post!

Angela said...

I was overwhelmed and not a very nice person to be around. God has changed me so much in this area. I do enjoy having breaks now and then, but I don't long for them and count the days until they occur. I try to enjoy each day as it comes.

amen sis....He IS good....Contentment is a beautiful word.

What a beautiful post.

La Familia Garcia said...

The mercy's of God are new every morning! When we seek him, we are able to find new joy in things that Satan tries to take away! Praising God with you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Awesome post, Stace! You have come sooo far in this area. I'm proud of you. I know you aren't perfect, but you've been a great example to me. Thanks for paving the way! Love ya more than you know, sis!

Jackie

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Love eeling content, it is amazing. Great post, thanks for sharing!

RaD said...

Me too. When my kids were smaller I always felt overwhelmed, but have learned and am still learning that often times I am the one that makes things overwhelming. If I stay relaxed and take things as they come, or expect and allow things from my family, it is so much easier.

Mich said...

Sweet pictures...

Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Beautiful post! There's nothing in the world that compares to being a momma!

J said...

Stacie,
I just LOVE you so much! God has used you again and again to encourage me! This is JUST what I needed to read - at JUST the right time. THANK YOU!!!

kathy said...

I know how you feel! Isn't it wonderful!! I think it was harder back when I had two. I thought I had to have so much more time to myself but I have learnt that I don't. Isn't it great to be at home not missing out on raising our children. It seems to go so fast I know I have enjoyed each one more and more. I often think how much I would have missed out on if I had have stopped at two :)
Lily is such a beautiful little girl - I love the little dress. Isn't God great! He gives us the most wonderful gifts!

Tina said...

Beautiful post. When you're right in the center of God's will, it's a beautiful place to be. What joy there is in the calling to be a wife and mother. Thank you for sharing.
In His love,
Tina

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Lily Pie is so so cute! I love the little dress she is wearing. And a very Happy birthday to her!! My little Ana is walking around now. it is so cute. I actually am glad she is walking. I didn't like her crawling because it seems like she got dirtier with my tile floors. So now she looks much cleaner. :)

You are so right about what you said on my blog about not expecting the help. If I do expect it then I feel lost without it. I've felt like this for weeks now. I do not feel like the happy and content mommy I have in the past. Truly....I dont know what is wrong with me. Maybe it is the responsibility seems so much greater and yep, I am always wanting that "break" which messes up my peaceful attitude at home.

I learn from you though. You are so sweet and so genuine. Thanks again for your lovely encouragement. It's been a few weeks since I've visited......TIME keeps me away. Of course I'd rather visit daily but can't :) LOL

Well have a great day!!

Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails