Monday, March 22, 2010

Lily Turns One!

My baby turned one today. I can hardly believe it. I know every mother says that, but I just kept help myself. A year, a whole year has gone by since we welcomed our sixth blessing into this world!

As a tradition, I write a letter to my children each time they have a birthday. I then rewrite by hand and put it into their scrapbook.

Dearest Lily Pie,

You are now one years old! This year has been an absolute blur. Even though I have been busy mothering and homeschooling all your brothers and sisters, I have not wasted one precious moment with you. I have enjoyed you thoroughly, my sweet little girl. I have treasured every kiss and nursing session. I'm surprised you are not bald from all the smooches you have received on your cute little head! You have been a joy and delight to us. We have enjoyed watching you accomplish all your "firsts". Your brothers and sisters have been your little cheerleaders! They get so excited when you do something new!

I am so blessed that God gave me another daughter. I honestly didn't think it would happen again. You are the icing on our family cake. You even have blue eyes! Definitely a novelty in our family! I can look at you and see each one of your brothers and sisters in you.

Lily means "innocence, beauty and purity". My prayer is that you would live up to your name as your grow up into adulthood. I pray that you would be pure and innocent, saving all of yourself for the husband that God might give to you. I pray that you would not only be beautiful on the outside, but even more lovely on the inside. I long for you to have a heart that is set on fire for Jesus!

Love Him, my precious one. I can only teach you and show you how, but you, my child, must find your own way eventually. You must make your faith your own one day. I will always be praying that for you.

Love,

Your Mommy

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

melaniek said...

Beautiful...and a very happy birthday for Little Miss Lily!

Jessica said...

A year old! Happy Birthday to Lily! Each time you mention any of her monthly marks, I always think, "Really, already?"...and now it's been a year! What a beautiful and special milestone!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This letter is beyond precious. Lily is going to look back someday and see how much her mommy loved her. She's so lucky to have you for a mom. Love ya, Sis!

Cassandra-ann said...

Happy Birthday Lily!!!!
It be long and Bella will be 1 as well :-( where do the years go...
Gorgeous pics and i LOVED your letter what a great idea! do you mind if i borrow it?

Loved your post as always stacey :-)

Cassandra xx

Tina said...

Beautiful letter and pictures. What a treasure of a mommy you are to your little ones. Enjoy!
In His love,
Tina

RaD said...

Wow! That just seems like it passed by a little too fast.

kathy said...

So beautiful :)

J said...

Dear sweet Lilly,
Happy first birthday! You are so very loved by your mama. It has been an honor to read of her intense and purposeful love for you. You are a treasure, a gift from God. I, too, pray that He will draw your heart to Himself and that you will walk with Him all the days of your life. Happy birthday sweet Lilly. I love watching you grow!

Grandma Becky said...

Happy 1st Birthday, little Lily! You are so cute and have grown so much. Your family adores you. God bless you all! Hugs!

candy said...

oh my 1 year already. It went way to fast. I was just there and looking at the scrapbook page of your labor (the one MaKenna did)and it felt like that just happened. Man!!!
I love you Little Lily Sue, Happy Birthday,sweet girl!!!

Angela said...

May God be gracious to you precious Lily and bless you and make His face shine upon you now and always..amen amen amen


Oh Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Lily
Happy birthday to you

Catherine said...

When the LORD served up Lily Pie to your family He sure knew what He was doing! You've nearly eaten her up with affection and embraces. I'm glad I got to share in some of the celebration yesterday with YOU!

Camille said...

How incredibly precious!! Your letter to Lily is a treasure!! What a great idea to re-write it out by hand for their special books...VERY lovely idea!!

Happy Birthday to your Lily-pie! Cute as a button.

Love,
Camille

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Lily!!

Isn't the first year just breathtaking???

Have a wonderful day.

Sarah said...

Stacie...thank you for sharing your love-filled letter to your sweet daughter. How beautiful it was! Happy Birthday Lily!

OurLilFullFam said...

What a sweet post - and I cannot believe she is one either!!

Stephanie

Connie said...

Very beautiful, so tender, a wonderful letter.

As tears fill my eyes, I know both how hard and how fun it is to watch each child establish their way with God. Oh, yes, we do all we know to do, but in the end they each must have their own relationship with God.

Amber said...

That is a sweet letter. Today,in prayer, I thanked God for the encouragement I receive from you. I am not big on reading many blogs (especially if I don't know someone) and I don't have a lot of time to devote to reading some I do like but I just adore you. I enjoy your honesty and seeing your growth in the Lord. He is continually making you more of a reflection of Him. I wish I was as blessed as those who know you "personally."

Camie said...

Happy birthday little miss lily!

I love the pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails