Monday, March 15, 2010

Dedicating Lily/Yellow Belt for Steve

We had a very busy weekend. Before my mom came and got the three older children, Jessica begged me to make Grandma Kricket the soap we had been promising her for months. So we made some pretty cucumber melon and lavender soaps for her.

On Saturday, I was able to watch Steve (thanks to my sis for watching the kiddos) do his first Tae Kwon Do belt test. He did really good even though he was a little nervous. He skipped the orange belt and went to yellow! We were very proud of him. We need to get a new uniform for him. As you can see in this picture, he is absolutely swimming in it! We call it his dress. I also got to see the yellow belts break boards. They were so nervous, but they all managed to do it, including the instructer's nine-year old daughter. There was a lot of love and support in the room as we cheered them on.



I had so much fun dressing Lily up. This was my old "poncho" and hat that someone crocheted when for me when I was a baby. The hat barely fit her. Jessica was just thrilled to dress her up again and again.




Here is Lily and I at her baby dedication. Again, Jessica picked out the dress! We both think she looks adorable in it. She was so good during her dedication. I will post more pictures of it later. I wanted to sing her "A Mother's Prayer" by Serene and Pearl, but I got scared when I woke up in the middle of the night with a very sore throat. I kept praying and gargling and somehow God helped me through it. I was able to sing to my Little Lily. It was very emotional for me, but I managed to keep it mostly together. The dedication was very special because Pastor Steve was able to do it. I know he was in pain, but was relying on God's strength to get him through. I so appreciate him! He has been battling cancer for over a year now.

After the dedication, I invited family and friends to our house for a soup/salad/rolls. It was so nice to be able to relax and talk with everyone instead of going to a restaurant where we can't hear each other and the children go crazy! It was pleasant and I appreciate all who were able to make it. Thank you!

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Great pics! What an exciting weekend! Congrats to your hubby on his accomplishment. You can make soaps? That's so awesome! By the way, your fabulous hair inspires me constantly to cut mine, but I've worked to grow it out, and I just don't know if I can!

Amy said...

Congrats to Lily.

I love the soaps you made. I love cucumber soap. Very refreshing.

I hope you have found balance in your life. I am working towards balance in mine.

Have a wonderful day.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Jess, making soap is easy and fun! It is also a cheap homemade gift. Thanks for the compliment on the hairstyle. I am enjoying this new one in particular!

Amy, I am totally finding balance and I am loving the freedom of it! Glad you are too.

christy rose said...

Awwww Lily is adorable! I love the poncho on her. Congrats to you and your family on a day of dedicating her to the Lord!!!

Connie said...

What a meaningful and special weekend. I love your new hair cut as well!

I can almost smell the soap ... fond of lavender ...

Catherine said...

Oh, My Stacie, the pictures are darling of Lily and you. I, too, love your new cut. The dedication dress is killer!! And, doesn't Steve look good!? Give him my congratulations on skipping a 'grade'...he must be very dedicated.

Anonymous said...

Stace, I forgot how funny this story was! Jackie was telling it on the way to Arlington and we laughed so hard I had tears running down my face. Just now I laughed that hard again! It's a classic!
Love - Mom

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I had a great time. Thanks so much for all the fun we had. I really enjoyed making chocolate together. The kids were great and I enjoyed my time with them thoroughly.

Love ya, Sis!

Grandma Becky said...

I love the little poncho on Lily. My daughter had one just about like that, 30 years ago!! Loved the soaps as well. How fun! Never have done that. I just make cookies :0) Have a good day!

RaD said...

Congrats Steve! Ya know if anyone in your family starts breaking boards, you should record it because, I for one, would love to see it!

wife.mom.nurse said...

How wonderful to have your precious Lily dedicated to the Lord.

I agree...such beautiful pictures :)

J said...

I am a bit behind in my blog reading...what a special and precious Sunday. I am so happy you got to dedicate Lily. We are looking at baptizing Little Bit at the end of March and it thrills my heart. I cannot imagine singing to her. How wonderful. You are a talented mama.

And I am so proud of your husband! What an accomplishment! And how awesome that you got to be there to cheer him on! - and congrats on the dramatic weight loss. I know you are so proud of him!!!

And the soaps...yummy! Reading cucumber melon and lavender makes me smile. I can only imagine how delightful and refreshing they must smell, especially in time for spring!

La Familia Garcia said...

What a cute poncho!!
Psalm 100:5
"For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."

Parsley said...

Hooray for Hubbie! You know my husband and I are happy for him!

Sarah said...

Lily looks so adorable in her pretty dress. I love that you sang at her dedication...that is so sweet, and I can't believe that you didn't cry! Wow!

Love the photographs of the soaps you and Jessica made...they look go enough to eat! I love lavender scented anything!

Glad you all had a lovely weekend!

God Bless

Tina said...

What a precious time for your family. Thank you for sharing the great pictures. Making soap - yeah for you. I think that's had a tendency to stay on my "want to do someday" list. Maybe you'll inspire someday to come a little sooner. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails