Monday, March 1, 2010

Cuke kid, Cleaners and Comments

I have recently discovered Jacob's love for cucumbers. He kept begging for a cucumber, so I got one out, peeled it and started to cut it. He freaked! He kept saying, "No, not like that. I want the whole cucumber." So I handed it to him thinking, I better watch where he is going to dump the other half when he gets full.
I kept taking pictures, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Going, Going....
Going some more....
Gone!!! End and all. Ugh! When Andrew saw Jacob got his own cuke, he wanted well. He ate his entire cucumber in about two minutes flat! Talk about about a cheap, healthy and easy snack!

Steve got his Lasik surgery done on Thursday and is LOVING it! I think I might even try to do it in a few years. We will start saving and I need to be able to have the tests done to see if I am a candidate. I'm scared, but would love to be able to do something like that. It has been a dream come true for Steve. It's so much safer on fire calls.

I just spent the weekend with my twin sis. It was great to see her new place with all the changes that her and her hubby have made. We got to watch a BBC period piece and made a bunch of non-toxic cleaners (laundry soap, comet, 409, and dishwasher soap). We didn't get around to her showing me how easy it is to make my own chocolate. Maybe next time! Here is a link to her blog if you are interested in her non-toxic recipe series at http://www.homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/

The bad part was I was thoroughly exhausted because of Lily having an ear infection. I took her to the ER on Saturday morning and paid $100 for a doctor to tell me he won't give her antibiotics. So when I got home Sunday evening, I took her to our ER in town and they gave her some no problem. Talk about frustrating! She is finally feeling a bit better and acting more like herself.

I've done good staying off my blog. It will be a treat to take sometime to catch up on all of yours, but that will have to wait a bit more. Thanks for all your sweet comments and prayers lifted up on my behalf. I can't even tell you what a reliefe it has been to come to grips with this and to find balance. Things are getting done around here and children's hearts are being tended to.

I'm going to start doing what my sister (Cheesemaking' Mama) is doing. This blog thing has gotten to big and I have so many people that are following that if you leave a comment, I will do my best to go to your blog and comment on yours. I am all about relationships, so I think this will be a good balance for me.

Baby is fussin' gotta go!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

How great is that? Healthy cucumbers that they love! Not even dipped in ranch dressing!
I think you look real cute in your glasses, but not having to wear them would be so great! I used to wear contacts, but not so much any more. Too much bother!
As far as comments go, they are nice to get, but I don't expect them. Folks have lives to live, so don't feel like you have to jump on over just to say "hey"! You are already a busy wife and mama!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

My daughter is kinda the same way with her cukes, and green peppers. I have to slice them, but she'll the whole things dipped in italian dressing. I hope my garden will grow some this year. I can just see her face when I tell her to go and pick one to eat fresh. :0

Kimberly said...

Lasik surgery is great when it works, we've known a few it hasn't worked for and it's not so great. Hubby won't have it done as he has a condition that causes scar tissue to develop super fast so he won't even try for it. Way to go, trimming that computer time!

Grace said...

What a cute little boy. I don't like cukes so maybe he could give me a lesson or two on healthy eating, haha. :)

Mich said...

Cucumbers?!!!

Busy weekend!

Sarah said...

Haha! My little guy loves to eat cucumbers like that also; though he likes the skin on! We grew alot of cucumbers last year; and he ate a tonne; though he didn't manage to finish them off like your little guy!

Great news on your hubbys lasik surgery. I must do that at some stage...I'm so short-sighted! But I never wear my glasses! Like you; I'm am so scared at the thought of someone going near my eye! *shudders*

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my last post Stacy...it meant alot to me to hear that.

God Bless - Have a great day!

J said...

I cannot believe that little guy ate the ENTIRE cucumber!!! That's hilarious! I'm thrilled your husband got to get lasik surgery. WHat a huge blessing! And way to go on tending to first things first - with your fam. That's hard. I struggle with finding the balance, too. Keep going! You're doing great and are no doubt, a blessing to your family!

PS I've got to check out those cleaners! :)

Cat said...

I love Jackie's recipe for cleanser, but I don't think the dishwasher soap works very well in my dishwasher. I'm glad you working on balance, intentional living and the hearts of your children. You are a good little saint, Stacie!

Amy said...

Bri loves cukes, peppers, tomatoes, etc. Her favorite by far is green beans(cooked).

My bil had that surgery almost twenty years ago and loves it. He is a police officer.

Life is all about balance. No one is perfect. You need to do what you think is good for your own balance. God uses all things for good. Have a blessed day.

christy rose said...

I can not believe that they ate an entire cucumber. That is awesome! That is a bummer about Lily and an ear infection. I am glad you got some medicine and hope she feels better soon. I love the idea of making all of those cleaners with a friend. That is a great idea. I think I will invited a few friends over and make some. I want to start with the laundry soap and dishwasher soap. Jackie said she thought that they do an awesome job. Hope you have a great day.

Connie said...

My brother just sent me a LONG list of all the wonderful things cucumber do for a person. I was amazed. I want to read it again and absorb some of the information.

You have the right idea - blogging is more fun when a friendship is developing.

Connie said...

If you want to email me and send me your email address, I would send the 12 things that cucumbers do.
crGifts2Love@yahoo.com

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks so much for coming up! I know it is always exhausting when we visit each other, but I'd trade sleep for spending quality time with you any day! Thanks for linking to me. I'm so proud of you for finding that balance with blogging. We'll keep holding each other accountable. Love you so much!

candy said...

way to go jacob! eat those cukes and get super healthy. makenna eats onions like apples (YUK!)
dan got lasik. dennis and I watched it. I was ok watching other than I couldn't stand the thought of him maybe hurting. he said he didn't. the eye heals so fast.glasses are a bother.
I know you and Jackie ad a good visit,no matter what. I love to see my sis too.love you

Camille said...

I agree with the others...no worries about the return comments. I love it when you visit, but if you visit without commenting that is just fine. AND if you don't visit, that is just fine too...keep the right priorities in order and the Lord will give you all you need in every area of life! You are a sweetie! Enjoy these precious days with your little ones...they grow WAAAY too quickly! :)

Love,
Camille

...they call me mommy... said...

WOW! The cukes! :) Yay for healthy snackes! :) Sounds like a nice time with your sister, Stacie. I appreciate your willingness to step away from something that you saw that was hurting your job as a mom & caregiver! Thanks for the great example!

Blessings!
Amy

LizyBeth said...

Isn't great when they ask for the fresh veggies? Prince Charming eats tomatoes like they're candy. I'm glad to hear that you're finding some balance in your life. I'm in the walking zombie stage with our little guy, so not much feels like it's in balance around here. :)

legendswife said...

Hey, it's a healthy snack. Now is he sharing with his friends there in the pic? :)

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

I always thought I'd want the Lasik surgery, correct the myopia and astigmatism that make be blind two inches past my nose. Now, at 53, I'm glad I never got it done. I can still take my glasses off and have perfect detail vision.

So, there's another perspective to think about.

Related Posts with Thumbnails