Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Scrapbook Camp

Every winter my sister, mom and I try to get together to catch up on our scrapbooking. As you can see by Jackie and I's piles (mine's on the left), we were successful once again! It feels so good to be caught up. Jackie got 80 pages done (minus the journaling) and I still haven't counted mine. It was a lot, I know that!

Something I am determined to do is to make sure that my sixth child has the same amount of scrapbook pages as my first two children. So far, I have succeeded! Lily has a full album already and she is only 10 months old.
Yes, we make quite the mess, don't we? Here is a picture of my sis and I getting ready to pack up. Our backs were both killing us! It feels like you have been in some kind of athletic competition when you are all through. I need to go to the chiropracter!
Here is a picture of Mom, Lily, Jackie and I. We ate good food, watched some fun movies, played with Lily and scrapped our little hearts out.
I just had to throw my Lily Pie in here. I just love the stroller. It has really helped her to learn how to walk. She loves pushing her babies around already. She is going to make a good mommy!

Lily missed her brothers and sister so much. She didn't know what to do without her entertainment committee! They couldn't keep their hands off of her when she came home. She got a lot of lovin' from them and she ate it up! When I got home, Marcus (nine-year old) gave me the nicest, deepest massage on my neck and shoulders. It was so sweet! I love that kid!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is amazing- 80 pages! I went to a friends house on friday to scrap- and scrapped nothing. I ended up spending the whole time helping my very twitchy friend beginning to organize her supplies. We barely made a dent, she has so much stuff! I thought she was totally organized- I did however scrap all day Saturday at home, but not 80 pages worth! Good job, twins!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Awesome weekend, once again! Thanks for being my support on so many levels. I love you so much! I'm so blessed to call you my sister.

...they call me mommy... said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I need to do some scrappin' myself soon! :)

Cat said...

Let's just hope that Lily Pie puts clothes on when she strolls her babies as an adult! :)

I prayed for you, wondered what you were doing, and hoped it was as fun and productive as you wanted. My prayers were answered! Praise God for good husbands, wonderful mothers, fabulous sisters and provision for scraping.

candy said...

I missed you too. I couldn't remember where you had gone. I am so happy you had a good time. WOW I am impressed. I am anxious to see pages!!! The 3 of you together could only have been wonderful.love you and am so glad your home.

Camille said...

What a great idea to do a "scrapbook camp"!! WOW ~ I cannot believe how much you accomplished!! Well done! You will always treasure those books and so will your children.

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Camille

Grandma Becky said...

How fun! I love to scrapbook. A friend came over yesterday to help me with a paper topiary. We got it made. Now we are talking about scrapbooking once a month. I need to finish a book for my son that has his baby photos in it. He's 25. I had to get them out of the magnetic album!! You need to teach your sister's children to be more welcoming of her. Sounds like you got a better end to welcoming committee at your house! Ha! Glad you had a good time!

Mich said...

Love to scrapbook...so jealous.

His bondservant said...

Stacie, how absolutely wonderful. I am so far behind with mine...you are inspiring! I would love to have a scrapbook weekend...or even a day! My Mom doesn't scrapbook and I don't have a wonderful sister like you...but maybe I could find some friends who would be interested. I think this is such a great idea! And how much more wonderful to share it with family!

J said...

That is so wonderful! What a great time to be together AND to be productive...wow! Lily is SO CUTE!!! I am super impressed you have so many wonderful memories preserved for your kids.

Katrina said...

Oh...how I miss scrapbooking! This post of yours makes me want to start it up again :)

My husband is a fire fighter in Pasadena, CA -- love your blog!

Chris in FL said...

yay!!! I love to see moms and daughters enjoying themselves. What a blessings! Lily Pie is such a cutie and she is getting big. :) I need to get one of those strollers for Ana.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Love you too! And what you said is so true!

Chris

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe you got 80 pages done!!! Emily and I did 3 pages last night and it took us about an hour. Good job!!! Lily is getting so big!!! She is so adorable :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Just for the record, it was my sis who got 80 pages done (minus the journalling) I got 61 pages completed.

christy rose said...

Wow Looks and sounds like you had a great weekend and 80 pages? Great job!!! Love that picture of Lily. she is so stinkin' cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails