Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Very Busy Week!

I didn't title this "Saturday Musings", because it is now Sunday! I was too busy yesterday to post, so this will have to do. This week was simply CRAZY! I had to start actually with a picture from two Friday's ago, here is a photo of Rachel and Paul's five children plus our six eating dinner together! I fed them all lasagna and garlic bread, which was a very easy meal for such a large group. I think I managed to get all of them in this picture (that is a feat in itself!). I watched their kids so they could go on a Valentine's Date. They did REALLY well and of course had tons of fun playing together.
It has been a Buzz Light Year week! Jacob knew his birthday was coming up, so he couldn't stop talking and dreaming and talking some more about the "big Buzz Light Year" he just knew he was going to get. Praise the Lord, two Grandma's came through and gave him a large Buzz and a Wing Pack, so he could pretend he was Buzz. It was an awesome party, but I'll do a post later on it with pictures.


Sunday, was Valentine's Day. It is very low-key now that I have my routine. Just a huge box of the prettiest decorated box I can find. I put in the middle of the table, so when they wake up they get to choose two pieces. I know, I'm a terrible mom, giving them sugar before breakfast! But it's just once a year. I did give them the Bee Movie, too.

I'm trying to exercise more. Here I am attempting to do my "Yoga" stretching exercises (I don't do any meditation stuff), while Lily crawls all over me. It is challenging, but my body feels better when I am stretching regularly. I also tried walking a mile this Friday, which I don't think I'm ready to do. My hips are killing me. So I might have to go a lesser distance next time.
Dad and Diana came for dinner so they could spend some time with their grandkids. I love this picture of Dad with Lily and Hailey playing with his mustache and stampede strings.

Wednesday, Jackie and Michael (my sis and BIL) dropped off their two children so they could go to a soils conference for her work. Adding two children to the our family, shouldn't have been a big deal, but I quickly learned that it was more work than I had bargained for. Although we had our challenges, we did enjoy playing with and spending time with them. Josiah has matured so much, since the last time we had him. The Code Chart has worked wonders with this child. Having two, two-year olds that aren't fully potty trained was probably the hardest part. Also, disciplining an extra two-year old is exhausting. I seriously don't know how my mom did it with twins! One plugged toilet, poop running down into Hailey's socks (thanks to her dad feeding her two handfuls of prunes before she came), and pee on the new couch, we had one potty training crisis after another. On a good note, Hailey was really good with Lily.

I fell in love with Hailey's little voice. She has the cutest, tiniest, little voice ever, until she doesn't get what she wants, then she has the loudest scream ever! She gets over things very quickly and comes off her "break" and apologizes without much coaxing. You can click on this link to see Jackie's testimony about the "Break System".

I was very happy to see the whites of my sister's eyes when she came back from her meetings!

I asked Jackie to watch all the kids so that Steve and I could go on a date Friday night. We had a great time going to dinner and then shopping with a little of the tax return money. The rest is all designated for larger bills coming up (camp, swimming lessons, Steve's Lasix surgery).

Saturday found us getting ready for Jacob's birthday party. It was great to see family. We just had a very small party with the immediate family. I thought I would make it easy on myself.

The biggest blessing is that Lily has finally decided to sleep through the night. She started this on Monday and has continued, so I think we might be on to something! Pray it continues.

I'll be posting pictures later on this week, so stay tuned!

16 comments:

RaD said...

Sounds like you've had your hands full a lot this past week (more than usual anyway). It's great that you help out so other people can go on dates, you know you'll probably always have someone you can ask to do the same because of it!

Amy said...

Your hands were full!! It is nice that you help out.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Have a blessed day.

Mich said...

You did have a busy week! WOW!

Cat said...

Well, it's no wonder I missed your "musings" yesterday. I looked for them over and over. It looks like you not only had your hands full, but you were filled up too! I love the Valentine Box as a love offering for your kids, and I support chocolates before b'fast!

Rosemi said...

I'm sure the Lord helped you deal patiently with those potty accidents too!

Camie said...

I found your Abouve Rubies article again...Praise the Lord! Have a blessed week.

Camie

J said...

:) Wow! What a week! The potty accidents...had me laughing! I wish we weren't dealing with some of that over here! ;)

Sarah said...

Phew! Sounds like you had fun Stacie...especially with the two potty trainers! Lol! I adore the photograph of the two little ones pulling your Fathers moustache! As for your big valentines box...wow! Except for me, my whole house is filled with chocoholics! And chocolate before breakfast is something that happens quite often around here!...Also just wanted to let you know that we were so impressed with the song 'everything' that you posted on a while ago that Hubby and I decided to order a Chris Tomlin CD...we are still waiting for it to arrive but I'm really excited...we had to order from Amazon.com as Amazon.co.uk do not stock worship music!

Thank you for sharing your wonderfully busy week with us all!

Camille said...

Wow! Lots happening there! :) You are a trooper taking all your friend's kids and adding them to the mix of your own. I am sure they all had a fabulous time!!

About the hips and walking...I had that same trouble ~ maybe you need new shoes? I found that the combo of new shoes (running shoes are the best for serious walking) and stretches after the walk really helped. Good for you to get back at it...sure takes discipline...but the rewards are many!

Blessings,
Camille

christy rose said...

It sounds like you definitely had your hands full, full, full! But I bet you made some wonderful memories and you got a date night. Yay!

Connie said...

What busy days you have. So glad that young mommies have the children!

...they call me mommy... said...

WOW! Great job this week! Love the picture of the 11 kids eating...:)

Blessings!

Rachel and Family said...

Stacie, I'm here.. I have been reading your posts, but quickly, and not much effort in the way of commenting! Sorry!

I love the pics, love the posts about listening, and love hearing about your everyday life.

You are SPECTACULAR!!

xoxo

Amy said...

After reading your post and the blog about Break and Questions, I have been using a type of this and I am having great sucess. Bri is too active and can't sit for the time out time. This works much easier and she learns something. She remembers why she got a break and what she did. Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful day.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Amy, that is awesome that you are finding out what works for you!

Amy said...

Bri has been saying sorry and yes ma'am and no sir to us when we are serious. So much less stress in the house.

I always hear Oh you have one, that is nothing. But I find it hard because me or Dad are usually her only playmate. I can't send her and sibs outside to play. She feels that if you don't want to play, going to her room to play isn't very fun. I am sure it is a time with many. I don't care for people who prejudge. Everyone has a different load.

Have a blessed day. We are getting ready for a snow storm in south Texas!!! LOL I thought I left snow in Ohio.

Related Posts with Thumbnails