Friday, February 12, 2010

Toy Story Mania!

This ensemble was totally by accident! Cowboy PJs, Indiana Jones hat, and brother's boots=Woody from Toy Story. Jacob is loving Toy Story. We are all looking forward to watching it when it comes to the theaters.
He's showing us his "Andy" signature that he had me write on the sole of his boot. He goes around telling Steve and I that we are "his best friends", which is a line in Toy Story 2. He doesn't know it but he is going to have an awesome three year old birthday party. He will be getting lots Toy Story stuff!
Jacob came up to me in the kitchen while I was cooking and shot me with his "laser" like Buzz Lightyear does. Instead my usual, "Oh that's cute", I decided to surprise my children by getting into a laser war with them. I "shot" him back and hid behind the counter, then I did the James Bond thing and ran into the homeschool room, took another shot and then ran to the living room and took cover behind the couch. My children were FREAKING OUT! Josh had this look of amazement as he watched me play. He kept saying, "I've never seen you do that!" One of the other children said, "Mom, I've never seen you run!" I wanted to shout, "That's because I'm always pregnant!"LOL! It was a fun moment and I knew my friend, Rachel would be proud of me. I need to try to have more fun with my kids and stop being so serious all the time. I'm actively praying for this into my life. I need to have more joy and show more joy. Life is good!

14 comments:

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I need to play more also. I always think I'm too busy. But really it's being lazy. They are only with us for a short time, so I need to make an effort. Also I heart Toy Story also.

Jessica said...

That is awesome...all of it, from the outfit to the laser war...just awesome! And I feel ya on the 'always pregnant' thing! Especially where this time I've been so sick and so needy, I worry that my kids are gonna remember that in their childhood mommy just sat around a lot, so as I'm starting to feel better, I too am trying to get back to being more hands-on and spontaneous. Can't wait to see how that party turns out! :)

Kathryn said...

How fun!! I love running around with my boys, too!

On a side note, I was quite disappointed today when we watched the Toy Story 3 preview. There was more rude/adult humor then I see appropriate for my boys. I'm so sad that my Toy Story fanatic boys may not be able to see this one :(

CB said...

I'm loving the laser war! I was just telling a fellow Mama to (instead of reacting in anger) to infect her kids w/ her joy. I gave her an example of how when my kids are bickering, I say something totally off the wall to make them all laugh. I don't always have this attitude, but what's funny is...my kids sometimes try to cheer me up when "I'm" grumpy through similar strategy :0)

Your 3 yo is so adorable!!

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

How precious. Thanks for the reminder that they are only young once and even this old Mama needs to do more fun things with my children. For a while I didn't run because I was pregnant all the time...now I just feel old. :) But, I can certainly play for at least a little while...then I can go and get my vitamins!!!

Blessings,
Jackie

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Crystal, it's so good to have you back commenting! I've missed you, so much!

Kathryn, thanks for commenting! I'm so sad to hear that. I really enjoyed the other Toy Storys.

Kimberly said...

When the boys were 3 they were Buzz and Woody, I bought the Buzz outfit at the Disney store, and made the Woody outfit, they were so cute! They wore their outfits until they out grew them, I still have them saved though!

Cat said...

Your Jacob is DARLING! And I'm elated that you got into the fun of the moment. You need that as well as your kids. I LOVE you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so proud of you, Stace. Watch out or you'll turn into one of those "Fun Moms" now that you aren't pregnant, LOL! I didn't know there was a new Toy Story movie out. Now I know what to get Jacob for his birthday.

Love Ya Sis! Glad I got to talk to you today. When I don't talk to you it feels like something was missing from my day.

Your Freak of Nature,
Jackie

Grandma Becky said...

Fun post and fun to know you have fun with your children....when my son was a teenager, I'd play Nintendo games with him, even though I wasn't very good at it. It was something to do with him. Now I play Wii with all and it's fun!!! Happy Valentine's Day, Stacie~~~Becky

kathy said...

Toy story is a big fav here too! It can be so much fun to actually play with them. To actually be kids for a while. I know my boys love it. I surprised them yesterday and chased them being the tickle monster. They couldn't stop laughing. I really need to do this more :)

...they call me mommy... said...

I have a 2 1/2 year old here that LOVES Woody & Buzz! :) Great job on just getting down at their level! I need to remind myself to do this mor also!

Sarah said...

Stacie...Jacob looks so adorable in his Woody outfit!

I also sometimes get a bit too 'serious'...we often do craft here...what my children don't realise, is that the huge mess we make actually stresses me out...ALOT! But I hide it well and just have fun!

..."Theres a snake in my boot"! Lol!

J said...

Once again, you've left me grinning! So much fun! Do you know, to this day I still remember with such fondness an afternoon when my mom put on dress up clothes with me and we had a REAL tea party (with water from the bathroom!) and she sat with me in my room...it was SO SPECIAL! You children are going to treasure those memories! And thanks for encouraging and reminding me to do the same with my kiddos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails