Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Winter Facelift

This winter has become a bit depressing, so with the gift certificate Steve got me for Christmas I decided to get me a new shower curtain. I've had this one for at least 5 years. So here are so before pictures. Note the sagging towel rack that the kids use to stand on.

Here is the new look! After buying the shower curtain and bath mat and realized these colors did not go with seafoam green walls. What do I do though? I hated the thought of painting. I think I'd rather pull my nails out one by one. I got the idea to call my friend, Margaret who loves to paint and is really good at it. I offered to pay her to do, but she wouldn't hear of it. The sweetie came and painted for me last Friday and I just love it! I bought a few towels to go with the bathroom, too. But the greatest find were these two lined baskets. You will never guess how much I got them for. $9.99 a piece at Grocery Outlet! One are for towels and one for dirty laundry. Love it!
This one shows my colors better. This whole process kind of perked me up and cost less than $100. Also, with these new baskets, I don't have to look at towels that are sloppily folded. I liked these baskets so much, that I bought one extra one for our closet to put Steve's T-shirts in.
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

I am blessed! said...

I love it! You chose well and you're blessed to have such a wonderful friend!

Cat said...

It looks so good, in fact, it looks almost like a ray of sunshine, so go in there, close your eyes, breathe, and be refreshed. Isn't God good to us? I love it!

Sarah said...

Wow! You did a great job of re-decorating Stacie. I bet you felt a great sense of achievement!

Well done!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Gorgeous new look! I also do not like to paint... I think I am more scared about the possible mistakes I would make! Our house is full of white walls... and could use a pick me up here and there... I would love to do something like this...

Parsley said...

Now, that's FUNNY! I have the same shower curtain as your old one and am about to replace it!

Deb said...

Looks great!!! Isn't amazing what just a little 'sunshine' can do for our outlook!!
Have a great day!!
Deb

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Now that is a dramatic change. Koodos to Margaret! Love, Stacie. I'm thinking I might see if I cand find a square basket like that to put the kids' shoes in. You're inspiring me! Love the new color! You need to come help me decorate my new walls.

Morgan said...

I like the change! The colors have a bit of spark in them rather than the pastels you had before.

Kimberly said...

Neat how you can switch out a couple items and wa-la! New look! Good job!

Mrs. Lukie said...

Yay for being blessed with a friend like Margaret! It looks great, Stacie!! Makes me want to re-do our bathroom now ;)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It does feel good! Parsely, that is just toooo funny!

Camille said...

So nice...love the colours and those baskets are great! You brought some sunshine indoors! :)

candy said...

It looks sooo good and I love the 2 baskets that looks perfect. Thank you Margaret you did a wonderful job.Bless you.

J said...

This makes me SO HAPPY for you! IT's amazing what a fresh coat of paint and a few new items can do! I am thrilled that you have your own little "retreat." GREAT find on those baskets!!!

La Familia Garcia said...

wow, it looks great. what a big change. That is just too cool that your friend offered to paint!!

christy rose said...

I love it! You did a great job!

RaD said...

Hey that looks pretty good, want to come and do my house now :)

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

We too had a small redecorating project happen. We were given a new dining set. (Blonde oak) He bought me a white vinyl lace tablecloth and it has SO cheered up the dining corner. When my 50% coupon comes due at Joann's I'm going to make white muslin curtains to match.

Suburban Simplicity said...

Very Beautiful - nice color scheme. And it looks like you got the rug that is two sided instead of rubber backed. I love those types of rugs -- they wash up so nice.

Sandy

Gill - That British Woman said...

that looks so good, I love the colours your chose.

Thanks for popping by my blog and commenting.

Gill in Canada

Chris in FL said...

Wow, I love the colors. Looks so nice! What a blessing to have such a great friend. Now I'm encouraged to go and makeover a room in my house. I first need the cash for it though. LOL... It's coming, in Jesus name!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I've hit a record! 21 comments! Woo hoo! Thanks everyone, for being so sweet and encouraging. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Stacie,

I love your bathroom! The new paint is such a warm color and the story of your friend blessing you with the paint job is very sweet. I love when we can accept help from friends and give and receive blessings. How sweet!

Heather Duyck

Related Posts with Thumbnails