Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Most Thought Out Gift

Jessica got an American Girl catalogue in the mail and was convinced that Santa was going to give her one. They are over $100, and I just didn't want to spend that kind of dough on a six year old! So I looked all over town for something similar. Nothing... Then I looked online for used ones. You might as well buy them new, they are basically the same price. My last stop was WalMart. I saw these and just thought, "This is it!"
So for $25, I was able to get the doll, and 3 outfits which were $12.87 a piece.
Steve's folks, got her the horse that went with it. She just loved it! She never once said she was disappointed that it wasn't an American Girl.
I just had to throw this picture in of my "Toolman", Andrew! He got this weed eater from Nana and Papa Gibney (Nana is behind him). The little boys are constantly fighting over it! It is pretty cool!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Stacie!

What a small world! I had no idea Cheese Makin Mama was your sister. And the really funny thing is that I've seen you over at MY sister in law's blog, My Life on a Taffy Pull! It's so nice to meet you. I have to say I've always had a soft spot for firemen and the sacrifices their families make. My grandfather was the fire marshall and a great man.

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful family!!

Have a Happy New Year!

...they call me mommy... said...

Another blog recommended those EXACT dolls and I ALMOST bought that horse for my dd! :) Great gift! :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Laura, that is tooooo funny! It is a small world!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You did great, Stace! So glad she liked the doll.

Deb said...

Wow....I did the same thing for my daughter when she was about 10. She had wanted an American Girl so bad and I just couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for one. After much searching I found a doll that was a match for AG at Toys R Us for around $25 as well. A couple of outfits and accessories to go along with it and she was thrilled. It didn't matter to her either that it wasn't AG. She will be 19 in a week and still has that doll!!
Blessings!
Deb

Cat said...

Those gifts that we really work on have such great meaning for more than just the two of you. It was wise spending too, Stacie. Great job!

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

I love it. a weed wacker for him, an electric chain saw for me. Us tool people got to stick together! I did not know you could get a toy weed wacker.

candy said...

And oh what joy they felt with the gifts.yesterday they ALL were having that JOY again showing me their special gifts. I was in heaven...but had a hard time keeping up, look at this and it does this, candy, look at my new... it was so much fun.I had a blessed day. Thank you my dear friends.

OurLilFullFam said...

Stacie,

We get a lot of stuff from Target. The Our Generation doll is very close and the clothes and accessories work for much less. She looks thrilled!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails