Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year's

Hubby had to work on New Year's Eve, so we laid low and had our own celebration. The kids and I sipped on sparkling apple cider and toasted (over and over and over again). As you can see they were really getting into it.
Here we are clinking the glasses for the third time!
Jacob was so excited! We watched movies until 10:00 p.m. and I let them have a slumber party in the living room.
They all thanked me over and over because they knew Mama doesn't do this kind of thing often. I hope next year we might be able to play games instead of watching movies. As they get older, I know it will change.

The weather has been sort of getting to me. The lack of sunshine is affecting my mood quite a bit this year. I saw a bit of sunshine today and I ran outside. It lasted two minutes, but it was so beautiful and it lifted my spirits. Thank you, Lord!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, you are such a good mother! And I know how it is with sunshine too. I want to run out and get a piece of.

candy said...

It gives me more energy.Yay!!!
Looks like a fun New Years party for kids. Are you going to start a tradition? Love you

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So glad you celebrated the New Year with your kidlets. I bet they were in heaven getting to stay up late and have a slumber party. Sometimes doing things just a little bit differently to switch up our routine can be so much fun.

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

At least you all lasted till 10:00pm, we were snug in bed by 9:00pm.

Love the sun, I found out this year that supplementing with Vit D was good for my moods too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails