Thursday, January 21, 2010

Turning Financial Stress Into Financial Peace


It seems like I am sensing a reoccurring theme in the blog world. People are longing for financial peace. They are beyond stressed as they are lying helpless under a pile of debt. It is breaking my heart, because I know what it is like to have been there. Granted, the most debt we ever had was about $20,000, but it was enough to put a real stress on our marriage.

To see our financial testimony click on this link, "Are You Content?" I pray that God would give you some inspiration and that you would trust Him to help you in your situation.

Your journey will look differently than mine. He will perform miracles that will astound you, because it is NOT His Will for you to be in debt. He enabled us to pay off $20,000 of debt in ONE year! It wasn't easy, but it was so worth it, and the way He did it was amazing!

Here is our Tithing Testimony . You want to read about the miracles that God has done? Then read this!

We have started the Zero Balance Budget by Dave Ramsey. It is seriously saving us over $1,000 a month in expenses. We are learning for the first time to live within our means and to save. It is exciting and it has united us as a couple! We are finally not living paycheck to paycheck. It has brought financial peace, which is where God wanted us in the first place.

I hope this is helpful. If any of you have any questions that are too personal to add to the comment section, please feel free to email me at sbfirefighter@centurylink.net .

Blessings!

15 comments:

Parsley said...

I would appreciate you praying with me about starting a budget with my husband. I know we need to do this and feel it's time. Thanks for this post.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Parsley, I would be honored!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so excited that you guys were on board with doing this, too! I love the zero balance budget thing. So proud of you guys for taking the hard step and going for it!

Donna B said...

We are starting the Financial Peace journey, again. We are working up our budget. Once our income tax refund comes in all we will have is the house payment and the van payment. Our goal is to get that paid off early next year.

The principal's taught through Dave Ramsey and other Christian financial groups like Crown truly allow freedom.

Rachel and Family said...

GREAT post!!

Paul and I have both been reading Larry Burkett, Dave Ramsey and Mary Hunt. We are tired of having months when we say to each other "Where in the world did the money go???"

Camille said...

Congrats on getting rid of that debt Stacie ~ God is good! Yes, financial troubles are a recurring theme...but you are right ~ a budget will keep a person on track...it is amazing how that looks if you've never done one before. But it is so worth it! :)

Blessings,
Camille

La Familia Garcia said...

Faitfhfulness to God always results in blessings back to us! What an encouraging post!

Kimberly said...

One little "trick" I use in addition to the zero balance budget plan, all of our money gets dispersed out of our main checking account, including the amount we have spending (for food etc.) we keep that in cash - meaning no more debit card usage. It's easy to swipe that card too without realizing how many times it's been used, with cash, it's very visable, it's there or not. And yes, I can't even explain the peace and contentment that goes along with this budget thing. I'll be doing more posts on this in the future too.

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Great post! The only thing we owe money on is our mortgage. I will be checking out the links in this post to glean all the info. I can!

Bina said...

I love your beautiful family and your willingness to be open and available. Thanks for stopping over at my place...it is a pleasure to meet you :)

Bina

J said...

I am SO GLAD you shared this! I know I've mentioned before, what a HUGE blessing Dave Ramsey has been in our lives. Being debt free and on the same page financially has brought a oneness to our marriage we'd never have experienced otherwise. I hope LOTS of people will be encouraged by this post!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Kimberly,

We use the envelope system. I put so much cash in each envelope. Once the envelope is empty that is it! I do this for groceries, sports equipment, entertainment, eating out, repairs or whatever else I need to budget for. It is working great!!!!!!

christy rose said...

What a great encouraging post Stacie. We have done the zero balance budget too. It is kinda fun having all that cash around and knowing that you actually have cash money to pay for what you need. There is definitely know worries about money living that way.

Mrs. Lukie said...

I love Dave Ramsey, the zero balance budget and the envelope system.

Most of all? I love being debt-free and having financial (and marital!) peace. Hubby and I have never fought about money--we paid off our debt before it ever got to become an "issue" between us. But we definitely felt the pressures of being a slave to that debt.

God is so good and He blesses us so mightily when we are following Him.

PS: We just saw Dave speak last night in LA! He was A M A Z I N G ! !

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

Being on the budget and debt free, responsible with the checkbook, I love that about living with your Granddad. There is such peace in it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails