Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Favorite Chicken Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu II






Warning: I don't know why it won't let me space my paragraphs. Hope it doesn't drive you crazy!
I spoiled my sister last weekend when she came up for Thanksgiving. I treated her to Chicken Cordon Bleu II. Click on this link and you can get the recipe. It is one of my favorite dishes of all time! One of our firefighters made it at the station and Steve brought me the recipe. It is a bit more work than usual, but it is so worth it!
I bought gnocchi, which is a potato dumpling. They were OK, I think tortellini would have been better.
Life has been good. I am trying to not rush around. I'm purposely slowing myself down and trying to stress less. We are going to the Fire Department Christmas party tonight, which can be a little stressful with the whole family, but everyone is very helpful and it's pretty casual. I've bought all the gifts (Santa comes by) for the kids, but still need to wrap them. I'm hoping to take Jessica to a craft fair today at Gateway Presb. I don't like doing too many crafts because the little ones stress me out, so this is a great alternative. Jessica loves crafts and loves to give gifts, so this is right up her alley! I'm hoping to make a few myself.
Last night we went back to a landline. I thought it would be more of a pain to switch my email, and to set up my DSL again. It was was very painless. Unusually so! I was so thankful. Usually it is a nightmare. Nothing every works the way it is supposed to. I hate having to change my email once again, but we were losing so much money from not being able to get overtime. You have to call in as quick as you can to get overtime and it is extremely competitive. Whoever calls in fast enough gets it. We found that when we went to all wireless phones, the cells are slower.
Lily nursed at 4:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up, took a leisurely shower, did my devotions and now I get to blog while everyone is still sleeping! Woo hoo! Ah the simple things in life!

8 comments:

Cat said...

I love hearing about your getting up at 4:30, showing and doing "your" thing in lovely leisure. I love hearing about that, Stacie!!! I'm going to our craft fair this morning too, with a couple other gals.

Cat said...

That is 'showering', not 'showing'! What was I thinking?

Connie said...

Peaceful mornings are the best!Sometimes they do happen earlier than planned, but you made the best of it. Yummy recipe.

Chris in FL said...

That looks so yummy!

I love getting up very early and having my time in a quiet home. That's me....I get up early just for the peace and stillness.

Thanks for your comment on my managing my home blog. I am so thankful for not being the only one who has ups and downs. :)

If you go back to my joyful mother blog, you can go all the way down to the playlist located at the bottom of the blog. THen you can pause the playlist of music. Then you can listen to the video of Tsavah singing.

Later Stacie.

Wylie said...

I hope you enjoy your party tonight! I LOVE chicken cordon blue & gnocci as well. I bet this was great!
Wylie

Catherine Anne said...

I love your blog. We pray to one day have a large family. We now have three here with us and two in heaven with Christ. We too are a homeschooling family. Its so nice to meet you...

Toni Floyd said...

I prayed for you. Hope you had a nice time at the Christmas party. I know it can be a bit much to take a large family to gatherings like this but it is worth it. You are a blessing to know! Love ya! Toni

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This was so yummy! Can't wait for you to make it again for me sometime. Hope Jess had fun at the craft fair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails