Friday, December 11, 2009

The Little Red Dress

I just had to share more pictures of our Little Lily in Jessica's red dress. My sister loves all things Scottish, and she just fell in love with this red plaid.
I tried to get one of the boys to take a picture of us from the waist up, but it didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to. I just love how round her little cheeks are getting.
There's those little cankles!

Today was a real treat. My stepmother and father came over for dinner and watched the children so that I could go sing a solo at our women's Christmas get-together. It was so relaxing and wonderful to be able to spend some time with some of the women that I so rarely see anymore. It was a lovely event and very mellow. I even came away with two beautiful poinsettias! I was tempted to buy one at the store, but didn't want to spend the money. God blessed me by giving me two, so I was able to give one as a "thank you" to my stepmom for watching the kids.

I surprised the kids today and told them that it was "Flashcard Friday". They were so excited because they know they don't have to do any book work. It kind of changes the pace and helps me see where they are at a bit better. I don't pit them against each other anymore, so it does take more time to do flashcards individually with three kids. It was just getting two competitive and didn't seem fair when one kept getting left in the dust, while the other one is really quick on his feet when coming up with answers. I liked doing it this way, a lot better!

Tomorrow, I am looking forward to go to tea with my stepmom! We rarely get to spend time together chatting without being interrupted. The children and her love each other so much, that they constantly want to tell her things. I am working on them about interrupting. It is better than it used to be.

I'm excited, we are supposed to have snow tomorrow! I'm hoping that the kids will wake up to it and we'll have a snowman in our front yard by late morning! We'll see...
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

J said...

lily is adorable!!!

Camille said...

I agree with J...Lily is too cute! :) How wonderful that you were able to go out tonight Stacie...such blessings...the Lord is good!

Have a lovely weekend!
Camille

Parsley said...

She's a lovely girl and all dressed for Christmas. Blessings

...they call me mommy... said...

CUTE! What a blessing about the plants! I love your hair!

Blessings!
Amy

Cat said...

Lily looks a lot like Jacob did with blond hair and cheeky cheeks. She's darling in the Scots dress. You are pretty cute too. I'm glad you got to get out and do something you LOVE, like sing and visit with other women. And, then, today going to tea. It really doesn't get much better than that, does it? I love you, sweet friend!

I am blessed! said...

Lily is so precious in her red dress! I love those cheeks, too!

Donna B said...

What a cutie! I love little girl cankles. :D

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I just want to reach through the computer and do a Highland Fling with her! She's so cute in that dress. Thanks for posting more pictures of her in it.

So glad you had such a wonderful time last night and that you got to use the gift God gave you once again. I'm sure those women were blessed.

Awesome about the poinsetta! God continues to bless.

Hope you have fun with Diana today. I'm so bummed I can't make it, but I know you all understand.

Love you and hope you have a great day!

Jessica said...

That little red dress is darling! And as I went to comment, your post had suggestions for other posts of interest at the bottom of the page, and there's one of you and Lily when she's 1 mo old...wow! She's really grown and changed so much this year! You look grreeaatt, by the way...love your blouse in the pic!

Connie said...

Lily looks so sweet in the happy red dress - perfect for Christmas! Am glad you had such a nice evening out.

Olivia and Me said...

OH how lovely she is.. my grand daughter is also named Lilly!

she's about 7 1/2 months now.

I so want to thank you for stopping by and posting on my blog. I plan on 'following' your blog my dear and getting to know you better.

Hugs
~Olivia

RaD said...

Cute pictures, babies are always so adorable, I think it's just a general rule.

candy said...

I am happy that you found someone to watch your kids. I wish I could of done it for you. next time maybe.I miss them! I really wish I could hear you next door singing,LOVE your voice. Lily looks so adorable, and I agree with Cat, she does remind me also of Jacob.
Today is our Anniversary...32years!
I thank our Lord for my husband he is such a sensitive,kind loving husband.

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks for sharing photos of Lily. She's so adorable.
Did you get snow? I was at Multnomah Falls on Friday getting photos of the ice and the falls. It was so breath taking. Alot of people there but not overly crowded. I did go by myself. I will share a few photos on my blog in the next couple days.
Too tired to go thru photos tonight. Megan and I just finished the whoopie pies we made for her 30th birthday party tomorrow. Her real bday isn't til next Sunday but we've learned that any celebrating needs to be done earlier in month due to Christmas. Last big one for her for awhile. She even washed the rest of the dishes and kitchen is now clean!! Whoopie!! Still love her after all these years. I remember when she was Lily's age!!! Never too big to give a hug to, huh?!

candy said...

Hey grandma becky, my husband & I drove by multnomah falls on the way home from the coast.friday. You are right it was beautiful. Then we stopped to get a icecream cone at cascade locks and the man that helped us was from the coast and just moved here not to long ago. he was saying how beautiful the falls are and did we see it.I wish we could of stopped for pictures also but it was to cold out.I am happy you got some pictures though,it doesn't always freeze like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails