Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fly Guy Mania!

Diana (my stepmom), made these adorable Fly Guy and Fly Girl for the kiddos for Christmas. Aren't they just the cutest? If you have never read the Fly Guy series by Ted Arnold, I highly recommend them. Marcus started writing his own versions of the books last year and was even in the newspaper. Very cool!
The kids thought Nana was the "cat's meow"!

After decorating Nana and Papa's Christmas tree, they made Santa cookies with Nana.

On a not so good note, I slipped and fell on the ice. I banged my head, shoulders and back pretty good and knocked the wind out of myself. I now have a not so fun case of whiplash and my neck is so stinking sore, I can hardly stand it. I am just so thankful to the Lord that I didn't have a child in my arms when I fell. That would have been really bad.

I was able to go on my annual shopping date with my father last night. It is always fun to get his undivided attention (even after all these years). We look forward to this date all year. He always ends it by taking me out to dinner. Thanks, Dad! I'm so glad we live close to each other.

The kids and I wrapped some gifts today. We have been reading a great book by Francine Rivers called, "Unafraid". It is all about Mary's story. It is very good and getting "inside the skin" of Mary. The older kids are fascinated. It should take us all the way into Easter, as it goes into Jesus' earthly ministry and death from Mary's perspective.

Thank you to all of you how commented on my Christmas Waiting Tree. I don't have a pattern and I can't find one of the Internet that is even remotely close. You'll have to kind of look at mine and go from there. If you are serious about making one, I can take pictures of each ornament and send it to you by email.

Love you all and I hope you are finding JOY this Christmas season!

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

...they call me mommy... said...

OUCH!! I prayed for you! :( Those Fly Guy toys are neat...I've never heard of that??? Those cookies look YUMMY!

Many blessings!
Amy

christy rose said...

Oh man! I am sorry to hear about you falling on the ice. Hope you feel better quickly.
Love those fly guys! They are so cute!

wife.mom.nurse said...

I's so sorry to hear of your fall.
Get better soon. praying...

So sweet of your stepmom, those flies are adorable :)

Parsley said...

Hope your neck and back feel better soon. What a bummer! I've had whiplash from a water skiing accident. Hurts something AWFUL and with kids that need momma...makes things worse when you can't move fast.

Get well soon. Maybe see a Chiropractor? Hugs.

Cat said...

How about the chiropractor, then a massage, Stacie? You deserve it, and I know you need it. The Fly Guys are darling. Your step-mom is a dear thing, now, isn't she? I KNOW you love her. And the data with your Dad is absolutely divine sounding. I wish the same for others whose fathers are living and living close by.

La Familia Garcia said...

Those are pretty funny!

Mrs. Lukie said...

Love the Fly Guys your step mom made! And I hope you have a speedy recovery from the fall.

Francine Rivers will be on Good Morning America on Christmas morning at 7am...and my pastor will be on with her, as well as Max Lucado, if you're able to watch/interested :)

candy said...

Stacie I have been praying for you.I am wondering if a chiro. and massage will help also. What do you think,sweetie?
Those fly guys look just likethe book characters. Did she make up the pattern? Did she make for her class? Very Good Dianna!
Wow Francine Rivers on Good Morning America.I would love to see her. Maybe Dianna can record it for you,or someone.Love you

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you for all your concern and prayers. I'm going to give it a bit more time to heal before I spend the money on a massage. It has only been 3 days since it happened. I'm just going to be REALLY sore. What can I say? I'm getting old! LOL!

Diana made up the pattern to the Fly Guy dolls. Aren't they cute?

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love the Fly Guy/Fly Girl! Diana is so amazing. I can't believe the stuff she comes up with. The cookies are cute, too.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling better with your neck. What a bummer. So glad Mom and Larry are coming up to help this weekend. I sure wish I lived closer.

Love you!

Jackie

Rachel and Family said...

Oooh Stacie. I feel so bad for you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. I am praying you heal up quickly. And yes, praise God there wasn't a child in your arms!

Those fly guys are so CUTE! I love their big old eyes. You are blessed to have a talented Nana!

I must've seen you at your shopping date, you lucky gal you!

xoxo

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Ouch! So sorry to read of your ice fall.. Not fun at all... how about a nice hot bath with epson salts???

Love the flies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails