Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning


Christmas morning started at 3:00 a.m. for me. Lily was fussy, so I got up to nurse her. She was blazing hot! Poor little thing. I gave her medicine and she didn't want to cool down. I held her and nursed her on and off for about 2 hours. I had just gotten back to sleep, when she started fussing again. I woke up and there was my nine-year old (Marcus) laying on the couch. It's barely 5:30! One by one they came trickling in. Jacob the two year old wanted to immediately start opening presents. Try holding off a two year old while his dad wants to sleep an extra couple hours! He seemed satisfied when I gave him a candy cane. I also popped in a Voice of the Martyr's DVD about Eric Liddell. I a different VOM cartoon DVD in each of their stockings.
There were several things I forgot to do. I am learning that I officially stink at playing Santa. I forgot to put anything in Lily's and the dog's stocking. Jessica was really upset that Santa forgot them. Ummmm, I didn't even know what to say! Then she saw the present for Josh and Marcus that I had marked from Santa under the tree. She was confused because she had seen that exact present in my closet. Oops! Again, not sure what to say...
Can't wait to have crepes with raspberry sauce and whipped cream and saucy smokies wrapped in bacon!

8 comments:

Cat said...

Oopsies! Stacie, when all is said and done, they will know you meant the best for them. Especially after such a fabulous b'fast! Jay makes me a spinach omlet, so I'd better get in and have some of it! Have a wonderful day, my sweet friend.

Donna B said...

Oops! Just remember when all is said and done, they will remember the happiness and not the details.

I hope Lilly feels betters soon. Having a sick little one on Christmas is NOT fun.!

Kimberly said...

Poor Lilly, poor Momma. It's so hard, we still tend to make plans, then have the flexibility to change them when the unexpected shows up. My side of the family isn't celebrating today because of several sick-os - we're aiming at Sunday. I will say that once we divulged the Santa mystery, Christmas became so much more enjoyable! Yes I do some sneaking around, I can just stick gifts up in my closet, and it's no biggy, the children still get just as excited, maybe even more so as the days draw closer to Christmas, more packages show up under our tree! I do "hide" the stocking items though as those get put out late on Xmas Eve. Many blessing to you and your family, Stacie!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Heehee..... Being Santa is a tough job. I came home to a house with no heat and still had to be Santa. Never a dull moment over here.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You and I are so different when it comes to playing Santa. I drive Michael nuts with my attention to detail. I even go as far as using different wrapping paper that I know the kids haven't seen. I did for get the cookies and milk this year, which Josiah was upset about. Oh well, next year!

Rachel and Family said...

It's nice that you are so calm about it Stacie. I love that about you.

I'm just like Jackie (her comment)-separate wrapping paper and every other little detail. Fortunately, Paul puts up with it and helps like I ask (rolling his eyes though!)

Sound like you had a wonderful Christmas!! AND a wonderful menu! It is so good to celebrate with excited kiddos!

xoxo

Rachel and Family said...

PS I hope poor Lilly get better soon.

Rachel and Family said...

getS

Related Posts with Thumbnails