Sunday, December 27, 2009

"All I Want For Christmas"

The pictures on this post didn't show up, so I'm redoing it. Here are the three little ones helping wrap the Little Smokies in bacon. You cut the bacon in thirds and use a toothpick to secure them. Then you pour a cup of ketchup mixed with 2/3 cup of brown sugar. Bake at 350 until the bacon looks done. You can replace the Little Smokies with halved mushrooms or halved water chestnuts. Both of those are delicious options!
All I want for Christmas in helping hands! I got this this year. The kids are getting older and helping much more with some of our traditions. They cut down the tree, helped put up the tree (including the lights), helped with baking, and wrapping presents. Most of all, they helped clean up!
Jessica says, "All I want for Christmas" is her front tooth. She lost her tooth two days before Christmas! All of her friends are missing teeth, so she feels like she has accomplished something great.

Of course, here is the tooth. She pulled it out herself and was thrilled to discover a dollar from the Tooth Fairy!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Helping hands ANYTIME are so very welcome...but especially when they are your very own children's hands!

Cat said...

I had shared with Lovella about your b'fast of bacon-wrapped smokies, which she said where a LOT of work on Christmas morning. Now I can tell her you had LOTS of help! They look so happy to be helpful, Stacie.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Tell Lovella, that I did them two days before Christmas and just put them in the fridge. I took them out and started baking them right when the kids starting trickling out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails