Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tea With Mom and Jessica's Love Language

Mom and Larry Pop came up this weekend and we had a lovely time. I asked if just us "girls" could go to the tea house for tea and scones. Jessica was very disappointed that we didn't get the "Wallagong" tea. It is just short of a high-tea. Her behavior was not the best, but we managed to have fun anyhow. Mom and her had a great time trying on the tea hats. I brought a little booster for Lily, which made it so much easier, now that she is grabbing everything!
I have discovered something new about Jessica. I think her "love language" is gift-giving. I have gone into my room twice now and found a wonderful surprise! She knows that I like water and Dad likes iced-tea. She gave us a glass of each and a little note that said she loved us. She also put a book on each side of the bed, because she knows we like to read. Isn't that sweet?

And Josh's new thing is to dress Snickers up in his clothes. It's pretty funny, but kind of annoying. He never wants to take them off of her now. She is quite the amazing dog! She puts up with a lot!

I had a wonderful time at Mom's Morning Out yesterday. I really got a chance to catch up with some of my dear "Mommy" friends.

Today, I have decided to take the week off from homeschooling. There are so many things that do not get done when you homeschool. I have several projects that I need to work on today. The biggest one is moving dressers around. The boys have decided to take over Jessica's old room (yes, it's pink). They love the bed in there and like sleeping together on the bottom bunk (it's a double). I need to get their dresser in that room and Jessica's into the little kid's room. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of finding who knows what under those dressers! At least I know that it will be vacuumed underneath.

I will be supervising Marcus as he makes 40 devilled eggs for Thanksgiving. I will also be making mashed potatoes for about 30 people. I've decided to make half regular and half gourmet taters. For my gourmet ones, I leave the peels on, add garlic, salt, pepper, and Parmesan, and butter. Sprinkle it with bread crumbs, and voila! If Jessica helps me I'm going to call them "Jessica's Mashed Potatoes". That will make her feel special!

Hey, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It has been awesome sharing my life with you and yours with me! I am one blessed woman!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Connie said...

You are in for a wonderful time. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Mrs. Lukie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too Stacie!!

And what a little sweetie Jessica is ;)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Umm, tell Jessica I can't wait to taste "her" potatoes and tell Marcus I can't wait to eat one of his delicious eggs. I'm so excited that I get to see everybody tomorrow! Jessica is so sweet with her gift giving.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

What a sweetie your Jessica is :)
It is so neat how she shows her love in such a special way.

Enjoy!

~Julie

candy said...

How sweet to find special little gifts, what a wonderful heart, jess.
I remember when Dan & Shilo used to do such loving acts of kindness. Dan left little love notes. Enjoy those times they are precious.
Today is my birthday and Wyatt chose a RED boom box for Geema,and MaKenna chose some wonderful scrapbook stuff. I had a wonderful day.We are going out to dinner too. I am BLESSED.

RaD said...

That's sweet. I've been contemplating what my kids' love languages might be but I'm still not sure.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family!

candy said...

I loved those little "gifts" from our kids. Now Wyatt and MaKenna will write me love notes. I just get so emotional about it and love on them.
Tell your family Happy Thanksgiving from us. Enjoy your time with them. Have a great day Love Candy

Parsley said...

How sweet that she was finding a way to show you love. You must have set a good example for her.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Katie said...

How sweet is Jessica!? I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

I am blessed! said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I never had a sister, but hope my girls become heroes to one another! I'm headed over to your sister's blog next.

Related Posts with Thumbnails