Monday, November 9, 2009

Stacie's Maple-Glazed Pork Roast

My twin, Jackie came down for the weekend. We had an awesome time! She requested my Maple-Glazed Pork Roast. I hadn't made it in awhile, so I had kind of forgotten about it. Here is the recipe...

1 pork roast (any kind will do)
2 tsp of crushed garlic
salt and pepper

Place in crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours (or until tender)

Take out of crock pot, place in a roasting pan or glass pan. Mix together:

1/4 maple syrup (the real stuff)
1/4 cup sucanat or brown sugar
1 TB of cornstarch or tapioca flour
2 TBS of honey mustard, or Dijon mustard

Pour over pork roast and bake for another 35 minutes or so until glaze is thick and bubbly. The fat on top will look a little crisp. It's the best pork roast ever! I think Jackie and I ate half of it that night! Yikes!!!
I served baby peas and herbed-roasted new potatoes. We used Coconut oil and it gave it an amazing flavor!
After dinner, my sister spoiled me and deep-cleaned my kitchen with the natural cleaner concentrate that she made me! She is always after me to be a healthier housekeeper. The recipe for the concentrate is most of a gallon of white distilled vinegar, 10 drops of tea tree oil and 10 drops of citrus oil. I was very skeptical as to how it would work. It was amazing! Isn't she the best? That's my sis! She also helped me make 2 gallons of raspberry jam (no-cook, raw). Talk about the healthiest jam in the world for your kids! The last thing she showed me was how to make maple syrup out of my sucanat. It tastes just like the the real thing. I think she might have the recipe on her blog http://www.homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I had so much fun this weekend. I'm so proud of you. You're much more open-minded about healthier living than you used to be. Keep it up, Girl! Before you know it, you'll turn into a "radical", LOL!

BTW, I can still taste that awesome pork roast! Best pork roast recipe ever.

Love you so much, Sis!

Camille said...

How incredibly special that you have each other! What fun...I can just imagine the great times you two have when you get together. :)

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

YUM!!!! I can't wait to try this!!! What an awesome treat from your sister...a clean kitchen. Yet another reason to wish I had a sister :) You guys are awesome!!!

Kimberly said...

I'm making a pork roast this week, I like the idea of adding a little maple- yum!

Connie said...

I never do pork but will have to give this a try. The cleaner sounds interesting. Not sure how it can have enough scrub to it, but I have copies it to try!

candy said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time with Jackie. I am definitly going to try the cleaner. The smells of other cleaners are toxic. I cough & cough. So do the ladies at work. We'll try this one.
The roast looks so good. i would love to try it, I love pork.
Just look at your kitchen,and Jackie looks beautiful. Love you.

christy rose said...

That pork roast looks so delicious!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Connie,
If you really need to scrub something, just sprinkle a little baking soda on, spray this cleaner over it and it should come off easily with very little elbow grease. I also have a recipe for Alice's Wonder Spray on my blog that has borax in it and is super easy (and cheap) to make. Good luck!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Wow, that looks so yummy!!!!

Your sister is such a sweetie :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails