Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our Thankful Tree!

I got this idea from the blog View In The Hidden Valley. I just loved it! The kids and I hung pictures of who and what they were thankful for on the twigs of a tree from our yard.
I just thought it was the coolest!
We even added some leaves to it.
We took the kids to the Discovery Center again the other day. Steve went in with them and let me take a walk around the grounds. It felt so good to get out and pray, pray and pray. When I met up with them inside, they were enthralled with a Birds of Prey Presentation. Steve was just riveted! We learned all about falcons and owls. Some of the littler kids were getting restless, so I took them into the kid's zone and they played. We actually had time to do a craft (totally up Jessica's alley). She made two headbands and was very proud of the results.

Today has been so nice. I haven't had to go anywhere and the kids have been pretty good. Homeschooling went well and wasn't too stressful. Steve took all the kids out and about so that I could have some quiet time. I was able to finish my Bible study, write my monthly devotion and have some serious prayer time. It felt so great! I was convicted about some things in my life and have surrendered them to the Lord. It's always good to know you are in His Will.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love your Thankful Tree! You are totally inspiring me. I hoping to do one this weekend. I actually did a simple craft kit that mom did with the kids. It even involved glue, which as you know, I never do. I'm trying to expand my horizons in the craft department.

So glad you got some quite time today and that the Lord spoke to you in a really powerful way. So glad you keep walking His way, not your way. I love you, sis!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Tell Jessica I love her headband. she did great!

Parsley said...

Loving that project and the crafts!

Camille said...

Wonderful that the Lord gave you that special time with Him...what a blessing your husband is!

Connie said...

What a sweet idea. It is so good to teach children to be thankful.

candy said...

what a great Lord we have. I am thankful he gave you Steve he knew exactly who/what you would need. Praise Him. So thankful for your quiet time with Him.
Nice crafts, I love that idea. You are doing great. Love you and I am thankful for your family.

RaD said...

I like the Thankful Tree! We actually did one a few years ago that had pipe cleaners and paper leaves that looked really cute. Too bad our kittens "enjoyed" it too or we would still have them. But your idea is a step above mine. We may just try that!

Marie said...

Thank you for your sweet comment! No, I got that picture in the internet. That's a lovely tree! And i love your apron on your last post!

...they call me mommy... said...

I LOVE yours! Great job! :)

Blessings,
Amy

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Great job on the Thankful tree! What a wonderful way to help your family remember all of the blessings in your lives.

sarah in the woods said...

I like your thankful tree. Very sweet.

La Familia Garcia said...

That is so cute! I love how easy it looks and festive as well! Thanks for sharing! Your family is precious (found you through Veronica at Quiver Full of Arrows)

Related Posts with Thumbnails