Monday, November 23, 2009

My Old Moccasins/Loving God!

Mom saved my moccasins from when I was a baby. Jessica begged me to put them on Lily. They are still really big on her. I have never put shoes on her, so she didn't quite know what to think.

She looked so pretty in this little skirt. I know the picture is blurry, but I just couldn't resist her little smile.
I love her little scrunched up face here! She just cracks us up when she snorts! She turned eight months yesterday and her first tooth FINALLY broke through!

I have been so encouraged by all of you ladies! Your honesty is humbling. I appreciate each and every one of you and I pray for you often.

Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

If you can't love God with all your heart, you won't be a very good wife or parent. Our "neighbors" are anyone other than ourselves. Immerse yourself in God's Word today. Immerse yourself in thankful praise to a God who "gave you this day, so that you could rejoice in it!"

God loves you, and so do I! Bless you, Dear Ones!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

hip chick said...

She is a little cutie!!

Mrs. Lukie said...

Adorable! And how exciting...her first tooth!

Loving my neighbor as myself is absolutely the hardest commandment to follow. My hubby & I were talking about that this weekend. We strive every day but fall so, so short. Amen for the grace of God.

Rachel and Family said...

love the moccasins! loved driving by you today too. Now I get to wave like crazy at 2 big white vans, you and Paul. The girls were screaming "Staaaaacie!!" You are much loved!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I love the scrunchy faced picture. SHe is so cute.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Lily is looking "Lilylicious" as usual! Can I just eat those cheeks, please? The are delectable! Those moccasins are so cute on her. I've got mine still, too, but I put them in a drawer and now Hailey is way too big for them. So neat to see them on Lily. The skirt is adorable, too. I remember that on Hailey.

Young Wife said...

Hello! I just found your blog. My father is a firefighter. Your daughter is adorable!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

What a little dolly! My grandbaby turns 9 months in a few days...can hardly wait till Christmas when we get to see her!

...they call me mommy... said...

Thank you for the reminder to 'immerse ourselves in God's Word'!!!! AMEN A THOUSAND TIMES OVER TO THAT!!! I so need to do that more!

Your Lily is so precious! :) My Ella will turn 7 months on Thanksgiving! They are so close in age! MANY BLESSINGS, Stacie!

candy said...

you are right that scrunched up face is adorable.I just bought Riley some Ropers (boots).so cute. i wanted to get moccasins too but got Wyatt cowboy boots instead. he loved Marcus' Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for the good word. I do just that, and I feel better every time. God is a loving God.Love you
I too love to see you on the road,now I can wave to both BIG white vans because the other one is Rachel's Husband.

christy rose said...

AWWWWW! Lily is so cute in those moccasins. She does look so pretty in that skirt too!!

Sonja said...

Oh, my goodness Lily look sooo cute! Just wanna smooch those cheeks!
With love from a proud firefighter's mama.

Jenn said...

Love those pictues of Lily. I especially love the jean skirt. It's so cute.

Camille said...

Your Lily is ADORABLE!! I always loved it when they "snorted" too...so precious and before long it's behind you!!! ENJOY it all!!

Thanks for your great posts that encourage us in the Lord Stacie...that's what really matters!

Blessings,
Camille

Kimberly said...

I will say a thank you for your posts, they are transparent and speak to the heart of Christ - Funny how I thought that the 30 day challenge would NEVER end...and that I was going to "have to be" really "nice" to Hubby- since the time ended, I've found the joy in speaking postively with not only Hubby but everyone - truly liberating!

This just shows how different babies are - the little girl baby I watch will be 7 months old next Sunday - she has a mouth full of teeth! Her first one came at 3 months! Today, she tried to play the "I don't need a nap" game, which she eventually lost... She's just so fun!

Toni Floyd said...

Yes, I read the bible almost everyday. There are days when I miss but it's a huge improvement from just on Sunday at church to sitting down in my own home and reading what God has to say to me each day. I've been doing this since last January and my life is so unbeleivably better! Thanks for encouraging me! Love ya, Toni.

Related Posts with Thumbnails