Friday, November 20, 2009

Lily at Seven Months

We are all captivated by Lily's toothless grin!
Here is a picture of Big Daddeo with most of his kids. Josh was riding horse with Papa Russ.
Jessica snuck Lily and the camera into the boy's room and tucked Lily into Jacob's toddler bed.
Lily still doesn't have any teeth so she is mostly nursed, but she likes to sit at the table with us and eat. She loves Cheerios and most breads. She has perfected the "pinch".

I have to confess, I actually like getting up at night with her. Time is slipping away from me. She is growing so fast and knowing that she is probably my last is just killing me. I am determined to enjoy every minute with her. At night, I just snuggle with her as she nurses and stroke her soft hair and play with her tiny feet. I am ashamed to admit that I don't even remember nursing my first four children. I didn't treasure that time like I should have. I can't change the past, but I can change the future.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures of Lily Baby. She's so cute. I super duper love her. I like your whole entire blog. I love the pictures of Lily and I really want to see Marcus. I love your trampoline but really my dad won't get me a trampoline because he thinks it's too dangerous. I wish I could see Snickers.

Love,
Josiah

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love that Jessica finally got her "live doll". Cute pics!

Connie said...

Oh, they do grow so fast and change so much. Sweet pics.

My word verification is 'putie'. What a hoot!

RaD said...

I know what you mean, now. I enjoyed breastfeeding a little with my first but he got teeth at four months and we were done by five months because he was biting. My daughter had a hard time latching and refused to eat if she couldn't latch fast enough. We gave up and bottle fed her after four days because the doctors said she might just be too stubborn. Since they were relatively close together I didn't have the energy to fight with her. Some days I feel I missed out.

...they call me mommy... said...

She is sooooo sweet, Stacy! :)
Thank you for the reminder to enjoy those little moments...they PASS so quick! :)

Btw, I have a Canon 10D for my camera. My dh surprised me with it a year or so ago...he got it used off of Ebay VERY cheap! Thanks for asking! :)

hip chick said...

they do grow so fast. She is adorable.

Camille said...

What a cutie pie! Do enjoy it...you almost made me cry with that nursing comment...I TOTALLY know what you mean! :)

christy rose said...

She is absolutely adorable!! It is amazing how many things we treasure when we know we may not be able to experience them again. I know that I really savor every minute with Jacob too. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Grandma Becky said...

Babies are so fun. I enjoyed both of mine. Hug her for me. I love having our granddaughter....she's so fun. Can't wait til Thanksgiving!!! Thanks for sharing. Will post more family pics from this weekend soon. Went to see my sis in WA and our brothers were there, an early Thanksgiving.

wife.mom.nurse said...

She is precious.

Seeing her alongside that sofa...Is she going to be a early walker? hmmm

:)

I think it's so sweet what you said about being up at night with her. You are such a wonderful mommy.

Sonja said...

This is such a sweet post. Brought back memories of my 2nd son- when he stopped waking up at night to nurse I'd miss him so much that I'd get up to just hold and rock him. It goes wayyy too fast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails