Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First Tae Kwon Do Belt Test

This last Sunday, was the first TKD belt test that my kids have ever had. They were testing for their orange belt. Here they are getting ready. Josh looks a little nervous!
Josh and another student, practice wrist escapes. Jessica is the youngest in the class. She did so good and she was just so stinkin' cute out there! The kids amazed me with their level of concentration. I don't think I've ever seen my children so quiet and disciplined for two and a half hours straight! Now I know it's possible. They all passed! I can't wait till they get presented with their yellow belts. They worked 10 months for it!
Both sets of my parents were able to be there. Dad and Diana were such great help with the little ones. Here Dad is holding Lily Pie. They were so kind to watch the little ones so that my mom and stepdad could be in the studio watching, and I could video their tests.
I found Jessica's old bonnet and not a day too soon. Lily has outgrown it. I put it in her baby box today. Sniff, sniff...Oh, she is just growing up so fast. She is still trying to get those bottom teeth in.

Homeschooled today, it went really fast! All three of the older ones were really focused. We had a lot of fun learning about animals and weather today. I had my Bible study and then took them to their Salvation Army youth activities. It was a good day. Lots accomplished. Now for a good night's sleep!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Isn't is amazing how disciplined our kids can be when they are interested in something? Who knew?

Parsley said...

Hooray for him! I really miss classes. Even though my husband and I are both black belts, our daughter hasn't shown much interest. If I could get her to take classes, I could too. hmm...

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Tell them congratulations from Aunt Jack! I know they worked really hard and it paid off.

Now I know why Hailey keeps calling Lily, "Lily Pie". She must have heard you say that when we were visiting. Lily looks "Lilylicious" in her bonnet. Hailey wore that bonnet until 18 months. I can't believe Lily's outgrown it already. Wow!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Tell the kids they are going to have give Aunt Jack some lessons the next time I see them!

Kimberly said...

That's cool! My boys are up to purple w/stripe - should be ready to test for brown soon (I hope, they've been purple w/stripe for nearly a year. We put the boys in to TKD as to create some self discipline and the fact that they are kind of small, we figured the self denfense abilities wouldn't hurt too- They are well behaved in class, some of those children in their class, drive me crazy! They are in and out a billion times, (drinks, potty?) they half complete the requests of the teacher and are just out right rude The big deal for one of my sons was that in order to test you had to raise your hand in class and perform the "form" in front of the class, before you could really test for it - that was huge, he finally got the courage, he still gets nervous in front of people though, but he's a lot better, TKD has also been a confidense builder.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh my, people wouldn't be allowed to be rude in this class. They would be doing more pushups or running laps than they could count!

Hydrant girl said...

Yaaaa for the pass! Congrats to them.

Jenn said...

Congratulations to the kids! I'm looking for a Tae Kwon Do studio where all the boys could go together. Love the pics of your Dad. We're planning a trip to T.D. at Christmas. Hope we can see you.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Jenn, that would be awesome! Let me know when and maybe you could come over for dinner.

christy rose said...

Yeah!!!! They passed their first test! Good for them!!

Camille said...

Oooohhh...I LOVE that last pic of your little girl with that bonnet on...is she ever adorable. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails