Friday, October 9, 2009

Why I Blog-Introducing Myself


I have joined a blog party over at Michelle's, "She Looketh Well" blog. She has asked us to introduce ourselves and say why we blog.

I started blogging less than a year and a half ago. I started because it seemed like a great way to encourage woman of all ages. From the start I wanted my blog to be a place where women could go and be encouraged in the Lord in their mothering and homemaking. I also love the fact that the grandparents read the blog. Many live out of town and love to see the children doing their activities. I post lots of pictures because it seems like it brings the blog to life, instead of just words.

I am a firefighter's wife, which puts me in a unique spot. It is a different lifestyle. Hubby is gone a lot and overtime seem to always be abundant. Our marriage has had its ups and downs and we have made it 14 years. My hubby and I have very different personalities which can cause conflict. We are two very imperfect people who have agreed to live together through thick and thin forever. We are committed! God is the glue in our relationship and we can overcome anything because of it.

We have chosen to have a large family. We have six children and most of the time love it. Again, having a large family presents many challenges, but if you multiply the kisses, hugs, and cute sayings, it is all worth it!

I am an identical twin (check my sister, Jackie's blog http://www.homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/) She is my best friend in the whole world and my accountability partner. I am blessed with many other friends who encourage me in the Lord and help press me towards the goal of godliness.

I used to hate cooking. My poor hubby had to literally teach me how to boil water when he met me. Now, I enjoy it so much. I have become quite creative and make up new recipes I have with the things that I have on hand. I will just about do anything to avoid going to the store with six children! There is also something very satisfying about having meals in the freezer ready to go when I need them.

As I mentioned before, I write devotions for mothers. It is wonderful to be able to share what God is teaching me through this mothering journey. I try to be open and honest about my failings and well as the success that He has given me in my parenting, homeschooling, and being a wife to a firefighter. The best thing about this ministry, is that I get to do it from my home as I'm raising my children.

The above picture is snippets of me. I love to ride our four-wheeler and motorized scooter. Gardening is something I love to do in the spring and in the summer. I love to see color in my yard. Reading is something I really enjoy and Beth Moore Bible studies are a passion of mine. Getting into the Word can be challenging, but it is so refreshing.

May God be glorified in all that I do, including what I put on this blog.

Thanks, Michelle, for this idea!

I pray that God will use me however He sees fit.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Scrapingirl said...

Nice to "meet" you. :) This bloggy world is wonderful.

Cat said...

I love you, Stacie. I'm so glad you and I are friends!!!!

Morgan said...

Thanks for sharing Stacie! I didn't realize you were an identical twin- cool!

Did you and your husband set out to have 6 kids (or more), or did you originally want less, or were you up for anything God brought your way?

Morgan said...

By the way, your garden/backyard looks great! Cute picture of your family too!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Morgan,

We didn't set out to have six kids. Two was all I wanted. Steve wanted a third, then a fourth, and finally by the fifth and sixth, I was on board all the way. Unfortunately, I think we are done having biological children because of pelvic issues.

My husband has a strong desire to adopt, so we'll see what the Lord does with that in the future.

Linda Stubbs said...

Hi Stacie, I was on my blog when you wrote. How fun to come and see your blog. I am sure you enjoy everyone of your blessings. They are beautiful!!! I still have 2 daughters at home and 3 sons are married. I love having my 9 grandbabies out!!!!! on our farm.

Thank you so much for coming over and saying hi! Also thank you for the sweet words. I really enjoy blogging. I will come back and read more later....
Blessings, Linda

hip chick said...

It is so nice and refreshing to read that some one else does not have the "perfect" life but that they love it anyway. I think I will really enjoy getting to know you as I read your blog.

Connie said...

You do a great job with your blog. Am sure the grandparents love it - a wonderful way to keep them updated.

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Stacie, I am coming over from the blog party. I really enjoyed looking through your blog! We have some things in common, we both homeschool, my husband is a volunteer firefighter, and I also love flower gardening.

I'll be back soon for another visit!

Christa said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing your story on your own.
It sounds like the Lord has blessed you with a wonderful family.
I look forward to visiting your blog again.

Christa

candy said...

Hi Stacie. I am so thankful for your blog,for many reasons. Since you don't live next door anymore I can still see the kids whenever I want,and The Lord uses you in so many ways to bless me. I love you and thank you for blogging. Good choice. Love Candy

Camille said...

Hi Stacie!

I appreciated reading more about you in this blog party introduction...it really was a great idea on Michelle's part! :)

What a blessing to my heart that you are seeking to be used of the lord in all you do! He will give you every day what you need...moment by moment! As Robert Murray McCheyne (from long ago) once said "One look at self and Ten looks at Christ"!

Blessings,
Camille

Aylin said...

Hi Stacie, thanks for visiting my blog! I think I recognise you from Above Rubies. I really enjoyed reading your intro.
"See" you again soon,
Aylin

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Thank you, Stacie, for taking the hint and joining in! LOL I know women will be blessed by what you blog about. Thank you

In Him
Michelle

Gloria said...

Hi Stacie,
I'm dropping by from the blog party. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Yes, I love homemaking and homeschooling, too. Never a dull moment! :) I look forward to reading more on your blog. Nice to meet you!
Blessings,
Gloria

Lady Jen said...

Thanks for following! I enjoyed "meeting" you!

christy rose said...

I am so glad that you blog and that I have become blogging friends with you. You truly inspire me in many ways.
Christy

Related Posts with Thumbnails