Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Twin Moment

I was at Jackie's house when Mom brought over some magazines. We both made a beeline to the Victorian magazine. We LOVE Victorian era anything! We sat down and started looking through it, dreaming. We saw this beautiful apron and gasped (at the same time). It was actually affordable! We looked at each other and said, "We could each get one and split the shipping". So we did it! We don't dress up the same much anymore, but it is fun to have something the same. Here is a picture of us in our aprons last weekend.

I just have to brag about my sweet sister, Jackie. She is the most amazing woman! Our spiritual journeys are very similar. We believed in Jesus around age six. Grew some, but kind of back slid when we were in high school and college. After I got married and became pregnant with Josh, the Lord got my attention and this is when I would say that I made my faith my own. Jackie, unfortunately was inundated with the thinking of college professors that were very liberal. She was very confused. As my faith grew and I started learning about revering and submitting to my husband, she could see the fruit in that. She bought a Life Application Bible and took OFF! I would get convicted of something, share with her and then she would get convicted. It seemed like I was always a step ahead for awhile. Things have changed now. She has grown so much in the Lord! She knows the Word, she digs the nuggets of wisdom as if they are great treasure. If I want godly advice on how to handle something, I know that I can go to her. If we don't know the answer, we start digging some more! She is my gift from God. She is my best friend, my other half.

We talk almost every day on the phone. She is my greatest cheerleader. She encourages and advises me with my children, husband, editing devotions and my blog.

She rides a HUGE Harley, she loves tea parties and pretty things, she loves the Lord and is a wonderful mommy to two fiery redheads! She is a military wife who endures LONG absences while her husband is away on drills, trainings and wars. She is into healthy eating so much that she makes EVERYTHING from scratch, including her own cheese. She is my sister, my twin and my best friend. You can visit her at her blog http://www.homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/

We always say, "Everyone should have a twin". We know we are blessed and we don't take it for granted.

Sorry, Jack! Just had to brag about you! Love ya...
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Cat said...

I don't think you need to apologize for bragging on your best friend, you twin, your other half, especially when that girl is SO fabulous. You are both lovely, and I count on you both sometimes for those unseen/unkown things you do for others. Your aprons are darling, and you girls are too!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I just love this post! Anything that shows how the Lord has worked in your lives is awesome! This makes me long for my own sister, who passed away 7 years ago. You gals are so blessed!

J said...

That is so fun!!! Sisters are blessings, indeed! I love mine and wouldn't trade 'em for anything!

alexis said...

You two are so cute! Sister are indeed a blessing, and I miss my sis with all my heart, looking forward to the day she comes back home. (this is a prodigal situation). Her children live with my mother and father and spend a lot of time with me and my family. Breaks my heart everytime I see them. I just keep praying she will come to her senses one day.
Love the aprons!

Camille said...

Such a sweet tribute! You are so blessed to have each other AND the Lord! :)

candy said...

Yes sisters are our best friends.
I too have a wonderful sister who helps me along the way too,especially now when I could use her help more.Even though she lives about 100 mi. away she still helps me(she has made gifts for the ladies for our Inspirational Holiday Table event at church)wait till you see.So much talent.
The aprons look so cute.

Rachel and Family said...

I just love all of your BEAUTIFUL pictures of your family! It's so neat to see your children grow bigger and older and your husband grow smaller!

CUTE aprons! And even CUTER twin sis's!! You are so very blessed, I will try not to feel jealous!

Jacob and I always tease that we have "twin power" when we start feeling like we're in each other's heads!

Robin said...

I gasped at that same apron in that same catalog! Gorgeous.

You two look so perty.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wow, Stace! What a surprise to come to your blog today and receive such an amazing tribute. I love you so much! I get so blessed and encouraged by you. You are constantly challenging me to be a better Christian, wife, mom, friend, daughter and sister. I can't imagine my world without you!

Love Ya Forever,
Jackie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, Thanks to everyone your sweet comments about the aprons. I just love mine, especially the gathered pocket. I can bend over and my cellphone doesn't fall out, LOL!

Love,
Jackie

...they call me mommy... said...

What a great post!!! What an awesome blessing to be so close to your sister!!! I LOVE those aprons!

Thanks for sharing!

busymomof10 said...

What a sweet, inspiring post! I posted about my sister today too! Then, just for fun, I posted a video of a song about sisters! :)

The neat thing about me and my sister is we used to hate each other, and now we are very close. God can redeem the worst of relationships and use them for his glory!

Thanks for sharing!
Elizabeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails