Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mt. Hood Field Trip

I have these pictures in the wrong order. We had to take Jessica to Hood River to the dentist. She had her first shot in her mouth (did great!). I asked Steve if we could go up to Timberline Lodge to see Mt. Hood. I had never seen it so bare. The snow was almost all gone and I wanted to show the children up close. We got up to the lodge and guess what? It was snowing! Yes, we couldn't see a thing. I was bummed. A day late and a dollar short! We did enjoy taking a small tour of the lodge. I managed to get a picture of most of the kids and Steve while I was nursing Lily.
We ate at China Gorge. It has the best Chinese food in this area. I love this picture of Steve playing with Jakers.
Jessica couldn't eat anything but soup because of her mouth being numb.
Josh got a picture of me drinking my tea. We learned that the Chinese like to serve tea before meals because they believe it increases digestion. Overall, it was a good day. Just disappointing to not be able to see the mountain. Steve talked about maybe him and I just going up on a date and eating at the restaurant. The food smelled heavenly! Someday...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Amy said...

CHINA GORGE! I was JUST trying to remember the name of that restaurant! It was our favorite in the area too! We loved their Lo Mein! Yum!

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, I'm sorry about Mt. Hood. We have snow here...up on the mountain we see from our living room window. It is the season, I guess. Can you believe my high school class of 100 rented the lodge for our Senior Party after graduation? It was so much fun. We, as children, always called it TimberLion Lodge...sweet.

I'm glad to know where to get good Chinese food in your area.

christy rose said...

It is always a bummer to be a date late and a dollar short, isn't it?

But going again on a date sounds like a fine idea!!! :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

hey, always great to have a fabulous excuse for a date with hubby :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a bummer you couldn't see the mountain, but the lodge is always so beautiful. I'd love to ride the motorcyle up there for a romantic weekend with Michael someday.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Stacie,
I just have to say, since I haven't seen Steve in awhile, that I can tell he's lost a lot of weight just from this picture of him looking at Jacob. He looks great! Good job, Steve!

Anonymous said...

Stace,
Loved the field trip pictures. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and seeing some cool stuff. We'll have to do the John Day Fossil Beds, etc. with them this summer.
Love - Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails