Friday, October 16, 2009

Laughing At The Days NOW!

I love that verse in the Bible where it talks about a virtuous woman can "Laugh at days to come". After the seriousness of the last post, I thought I would try "Laughing at the days, now". I don't mind grieving, but if you know me, I really don't enjoy being sad. I'm thankful for the little ones that God has put in my life that just plain make me laugh and smile! The top picture is of Lily in her jeans and flared sleeved outfit. This came from Jackie and I just think she looks like a baby fashion plate!
Lily has now started taking baths upright! Look at Jacob, he has his hand on the blue ring while I take a picture. He is such a sweet brother and is getting to be very helpful. Jacob constantly smooches her!
Marcus asked for a Mohawk. Sigh! A kid on his soccer team had it and he wanted to try it. At first we were just playing around but he really became insistent. I decided that it was his hair and if he wanted to look strange than that was his problem. I told him he has to shave it for our family pictures next week. He agreed. I thought he would get embarrassed, but I was wrong. He loves the darn thing! Oops, that backfired! I am a mom who will pick her battles. Better than an earring, I guess...
I had to save the best for last! After shaving his head (and leaving the Mohawk) he came out and said, "Mom, look, I have hairy armpits!" I went in and saw that he had taped his hair to his armpits with packaging tape! Now if that doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what would! Crazy kid!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Yes, I needed that! LOL The hairy armpits are hilarious, did he think of that on his own? What a sense of humor!

Sweet baby girl in her fancy duds!

Thanks for sharing and thanks for taking part in yesterday, I was so touched by all the women's stories.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Yeah, he comes up with some of the silliest things! He's like his father!

Scrapingirl said...

HAHAHA!!!!! That kid is too funny. Thanks for the laugh. I'm gonna show that to my hubby.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

LOL! I'm dying here! Marcus totally cracks me up.

Lily is simply adorable and I'm so glad I get to see that outfit on another baby. That has to be my favorite outfit of all time!

I better get off here so I can post my Friday Funny and then get the kidlets ready and head your direction. See ya soon, Sis!

Camille said...

How old did you say Marcus is? He reminds me of someone in my home! :) Your post is uplifting and brought a smile to my face!
Blessings,
Camille

Shawn and Laura said...

what's the reference for that verse? such a good one to focus on after a day such as yesterday. thanks for sharing!

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

Another great outfit!!! I think you made the right decision on the hair. I'm trying to learn how to pick my battles too and it's not easy. I can't believe the hairy armpits that is so funny!!!!

candy said...

You are so right just like Dad! So funny. I am amazed by the imaginations in your home. Love you.

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Oh my goodness! That was too funny. What a goofball!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Laura,

Proverbs 31:25 says, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

I LOVE that verse! Yes, my son is a huge goofball!

christy rose said...

Oh my goodness that last picture looks so real! He did a great job! You can tell that he thought that stunt through very well. LOL

Naomi said...

Oh my gosh he is such a dag. I love it. Talk about pre puberty.

candy said...

Dennis said wheres the hairy chest?

RaD said...

That's funny!

Our boy loves his mowhawk too but we only really let him once a year for a few weeks. I don't mind, but then again I do. How do you decide how much is too much. I mean it is his hair, but what will he want next?

Right now he is satisfied with his haircut but I know it's only a matter of time...

Thanks for the laughs!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Candy, it will be only a matter of time!

About the mohawk, I think it is good that we set a time limit on it. A week and a half is all we are going to allow this time.

It seems like it must be getting to be the style again, because I'm seeing them on boys everywhere.

I'm thankful the sides are shaved, it just looks better this way, not as severe, I guess.

wife.mom.nurse said...

I am so laughing at that last photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails