Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting Ready for a Belt Test

Ever since Steve joined Tae Kwon Do, he has been making the kids practice, practice, practice. I'm so thankful, because I'm not into this at all. Having them practice was the last thing on my mind. Everyday, Steve has them go through everything they have learned, wrist escapes, kicks, blocks, punches and their two forms. They have improved so much! They get to do their first belt test in November. I am hearing a lot of Korean words flying around this place now!

It is good that they are learning to defend themselves. I have Steve teach me a few of the moves, like wrist escapes. I think every woman should know those.

Thank you to all who commented recently. You all were so sweet and encouraging as I made myself vulnerable once again. It makes me want to keep blogging. I have a whole new support system now! I will be posting another devotion soon, so stay tuned!

Have a blessed day and enjoy being with your children. Enjoy serving your husband. You can enjoy it because you are doing it unto the Lord!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

My boys have been doing TKD for a while now, they needed a sport that was an individual thing, they were pretty scrawny when they started too, both are purple w/stripe; they have been a while, and should be ready test for brown soon. It's nice, they teach the sister's here at home, it is valuable stuff. At our family Bible Camp the past summer, they did a couple of the forms to a Chris Tomlin song, it was really cool - the teens in the audience liked it too.

christy rose said...

Great pics Stacie! They look very serious about defending themselves. They will be black belts before you know it! :)
Have a wonderful weekend,
Christy

RaD said...

Sounds like our house, I mean the practicing part anyways. Our kids are currently doing drums (Elisha) and keyboard (Bethany) and their teacher tells me every week that he can tell they've been practicing. I think learning to be self disciplined and practicing something is definately important.

Quick queston... Have you considered re-posting or doing the 30 day challenge again? It seems like it has been coming up a lot in my circle of friends down here. One person who participated with me last year has been talking about it a lot lately and now I've got a lot of women interested. I passed out the initial devotion you started with last year and have showed them how to find it on your blog but I'm betting with the blog following you have now you may get some other women motivated. Just a thought!

I love your blog! Don't ever stop! We'd all be missing out on something I'm sure of it.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow, Ruth, that was the sweetest thing ever! I'll blog just for you! Smile...

Yes, I will repost the 30 Day Challenge. I didn't get much of a response, but it might be different now.

Thanks for the request!

Keep those kids practicing!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

The kids look so great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails