Sunday, October 11, 2009

Even The Little Things


I am so in love with my God! I have been having a sort of dry spell lately. Just kind of doing the routine, being in the Word, praying, but something has been missing. My passion and joy for the Lord has been kind of blah. You know what it's like, I'm sure. We can't be on the mountain top with God every single moment of our lives. I just hate it though.

This morning, I was laying in bed dreading (yes, I said dreading) soccer games today after church. Steve was unable to take the day off to help me, and I hate asking my parents to help me all the time. I want to be able to "just do it!". I asked the Lord if he would lay it on my parents heart to take Josh to soccer at 2:00 p.m., and bring him back to me, so the little ones could take their naps and I wouldn't be driving back and forth between games. The other two kid's games were at 4:00. Just enough gap to make it really inconvenient.

I went to church this morning and started praying for Him to help me feel his presence, to show me He is real. I sometimes get lost in his invisibility. It is hard to have faith that He truly IS right beside you every second of the day. I got home and started serving lunch. The phone rang and it was Diana (my stepmom) asking if she could take Josh to his game. My mouth dropped open and I'm sure I sputtered. I told her that I had prayed that very prayer and that God had just answered it. Amazing love, how can it be? He loves me so much, He wants to show me He is real.

Another thing He convicted me of when I was questioning this dry spell was that I am distracted. I have become a Martha in many ways. I fret and worry over the littlest things. I am being stressed because of my own decisions. I can't blame my husband or my children. It is me, all me. I need to be more intentional about focusing and trusting the Lord in ALL things, including disciplining my children and how they are going to turn out.

God didn't just stop there. No He did not! He decided to DELIGHT me! I opened my email and found this sweet note from my hubby. He does not email me very often (like maybe once a year!). It is such a treat when he does.

He wrote this:

Hey have a great day stress less and know that you are a great mom and wife doing a great job at both. Give all the kids a anaconda squeeze and smooch

Love sweet daddio


What a sweet heart! It brought tears to my eyes, just thinking about how much God knew I needed that.


So the picture above is my favorite spot to be. The Word open, my Beth Moore Bible study (right now A Heart Like His: A study of David) and my coffee. This is where God refreshes my Spirit and restores my soul.


May He do the same for you in the "little things".

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

gahome2mom said...

Thanks for sharing. I am blessed by your testimony. :)

candy said...

I know sometimes it does feel like He is not there with us all the time. Don't be moved by feelings and remember you have faith that He is there. Even when our time is not a mind blowing time with Him. Trust me I could NOT go through this lung thing without my Lord. I can't forget that He is with me always. There are so many questions at times. I hope this makes sense.
You are Blessed by God Stacie.He is helping you every step of the way. I love it. Thank You Lord for helping my friend.

Parsley said...

We all have these times in our lives. It's a normal growing-in-the-Lord process.

Relax in His presence. Enjoy his comfort and peace.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

It is true...we cannot be moved by what we can or cannot see. Faith...knowing that His Word says He will never leave us nor forsake us!
I love the header photo!!!

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks for sharing. I was not feeling well today so I was on the couch for church for an hour. I watched my favorite program, Answers With Bayless. He's awesome. He was talking about how we get down and out. We just need to be in praise and worship continually. He has called us to be worshippers. John 4:23 Bayless went on to say that like Martha, a worker, busy with the Lord's work. Why is Mary sitting at your feet while I'm out here cooking? She was making sandwiches that Jesus didn't order. Quite interesting. We sometimes just get so busy we forget about he wants of us. It's so true. Let the worshippers arise and may God continue you bless you my dear Stacie. It's awesome when God answers our prayers. He's there when we have our struggles too. I'm so glad he's blessed you with a dear husband. I've got one as well! Have a good day!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That is just so amazing, Stace. He knows exactly what we need, when we need it. "Ask and you shall recieve. Seek and you shall find". How awesome! Thanks for sharing. Love ya, Sis. It was so nice to catch up with you today on the phone. I think we did better about not interrupting each other. LOL!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Grandma Becky,

I keep asking God what He wants me to be doing instead of what I think I need to be doing. It hasn't been clear yet, but I'm still praying.

Jackie,

I think we did do better not interupting each other! Thanks for the chat. I'm excited about your plans.

Guess what? Diana came and took the rest of the kids to their games because she took pity on Lily. Said it was too cold for her! I am having a peaceful afternoon and am catching up on my blogging. It has been wonderful!

I'm going to go play with Andrew now! Just because I can!

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have been a "dry spell" for a while. I think I just get to caught up in the day to day and forget to commune with Him each and every moment.

Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

THANKS for sharing this! I think we all (or many, at least) have feelings like this. I like how you phrased that about getting caught up in His invisibility...I totally get what you mean. It's hard feeling these dry spells, and sometimes I feel like it's wrong and we're not supposed to have any "down" moments. But that's not true, we're allowed to have all sorts of feelings, and He understands them all and wants us to lean on Him for what we need in those times---in all times! Thanks for being such an encourager!

...they call me mommy... said...

What a great post! Amen! I too have been struggling over the "little things"!

God bless!

Kimberly said...

That was a nice sharing, dry spells are tough times - I've noticed that Satan like my dry spells. That's so great that your prayer was answered, after my little meltdown, I totally understand how taxing the child suffle can be on us Mommas. I know I was relieved that Jesus was there with me on my day of stress, He came and snatched away my worries, it was awesome. It also helped with relieve the dry spell I've been in too.

alexis said...

Stacie; What a beautiful post. Thanks for speaking to my own heart. I too am experiencing discontent right now, as I am physically uncomfortable from being in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, dealing with discipline issues with my other two children, and missing my husband who's been putting in a lot of work hours right now. I've been so busy praying for a prodigal sister, her children (living with my parents) and a prodigal brother-in-law who just entered prison, that I have forgotten to pray for myself! You have reminded me that if I ask I shall recieve, and I plan on spending some much needed time in prayer for myself this afternoon. Thanks again!

Cat said...

Oh, Stacie, I needed that reminder. It is SO hard when I leave home, especially for a long time, to keep my "plan" in place. The schedules and routines are very different in my daughter's home, and my responsibilities are vastly different from those at home. I am in the Word and I pray all day, those fleeting ones sent up quickly for the things that are happening at the moment. I will now arrange my time in my room for just exactly what the LORD and I need. Thank you, darlin'!

Chris in FL said...

I think this is very normal for many moms. I know the feeling. Does the Lord even care what we're doing? How hard this job can be? He definitely does. His love is amazing and He is so Good. It is the matter of just slowing down and putting him first on our to do list.

One way that I have been encouraged by the Lord is doing a bible study (I know you do the Beth Moore--that is great). What I do, is every morning before the kids all rise I listen to a sermon. I have found some great teachers of the word and I have learned and grown so much in the Lord. This has pushed me into the word more and to seek Him. Now when I read and study it doesn't seem so blah. I feel excited about what He is showing me.

It definitely is a race we are running and we get a bit tired and weary we have to find something to push us again.

Chris in FL

Amber said...

Oh, how this post especially blessed me.

christy rose said...

Oh Wow! How much does God love us and want to give us the desires of our hearts!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails