Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can I Just Say Life Is Good?

Every now and then you take a deep breath, look around and realize that your life is, well, just really good. I've been doing a lot of self-examination lately, and I have been deeply thankful to the Lord for all the good things and amazing people that He has put in my life. First of all, my husband losing weight is huge! Because of the 30 Day Challenge, I am thinking more positively about my husband and displaying more acts of kindness, which in return reciprocates back to me. It is very fulfilling and I am feeling quite loved by my ol' hubs!
In regards to my role as a mother, I am seeing some fruit in my children's lives as they have had some difficult encounters lately with other children their age. We have lots of opportunities for discussion and I believe that godly fruit is being displayed in some cases (not all). I am being more purposeful in my parenting and praying more and letting go a little at a time when it comes to my older children who are chafing at the bit to be independent.

My little ones are so full of life, love and laughter! They crack me up with their mispronounced words and literalness (is that a word?). They bring Steve and I such joy. It is worth all the bickering and such that comes with lots of siblings.

Homeschooling is going well. I have been more consistent this year and I am seeing the fruit of it. Josh is reading better and Marcus is really starting to enjoy math. Jessica seems to enjoy math as well. I have been more relaxed as a teacher and less fretful that I am missing out on something or that there will be holes in their education. I am just one tool in God's tool box!

We have gone an lots of field trips this year. The above picture is our most recent one at the Discovery Center. It's a great way to go on a rainy day. We get a membership every year, which saves our family a ton of money. We are sitting on a giant carved sturgeon.
Lily has been such a joy to us all. Despite the lack of sleep and everything that comes with babies, Lily is just the cutest little thing and we love to watch her accomplish something new. I am truly enjoying every moment with her and love it when she cuddles with me, or buries her little nose in my shoulder to wipe her boogers! She is learning to crawl, now, and is on the move!
Financially, we have everything paid off but our mortgage. We have peace of mind that way. The burden of being in debt is gone. We have everything we need and then some! God has blessed us so that we can bless others.

We are all very healthy right now. What a blessing that is. Except for the occasional cold, or strep, we have been sick-free.

We are also thankful for all the wonderful friends and family that God has blessed us with (you know who you are!). It is wonderful to be loved and to love others that God has placed in our lives for different times and seasons.

We also have a loving church family. Our pastor is going through a battle with cancer and it has been very difficult for him. He knows time might be short and it helps me to look at life and maybe let go of some of things that might have otherwise stressed me out. Things that don't matter, that aren't truly important.

Again, can I just say that life is good right now?
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Grandma Becky said...

Life is good here as well. It's amazing when you stop and think how good we really have it!
We are working at getting credit cards paid down to nothing. That means not using it which is very rare these days.
I recently sent for a set of hipster bowls thru an offer in the Rachael Ray magazine. I got them the other day and love them...only had to buy a Buitoni product ($4.45) and got this amazing set. Will blog about it soon. Anyway I was trying to find a spot for them in cupboards. Oh my, what do I get rid of? After nearly 20 yrs. in one place and 32 yrs of marriage, there's alot. Downsize what?
30 day challenge is amazing. A slight sad thing happened yesterday with us but gonna live thru it and asking God for his infinite help and healing. Living in His love helps tremendously. :0) Thanks for your encouragement, Stacie. I'm so glad I met you even if it's via the net. God bless.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It is great to put things in perspective, isn't it? Life is good!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You look so cute in your pigtails!

J said...

you put things into such perspective! thank you. and congratulations on being debt free (except the mortgage)!!! it's such a wonderful place to be!

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a sweet post full of gratitude.

(love the pix of the little baby :)

candy said...

Life is Good isn't it. It really is. Dennis & I have come a long way in our marriage. I am jus getting over the flu. he took care of me perfectly. He even did all the grocery shopping.
You know your right why think and fear on soooo many things W have God what is there to fear.
I as well as my family were so fearful of me catching somethig and could I breath after. Well The Lord is Faithful, I am just fine. I breathed in and breathed out like everyomne else. I AM FINE! I Love the LORD!
and I love all of you. I know you will have a great day,your mind is in the right place...on God and his Love.

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Thanks for sharing all or your blessings with us!

Camille said...

So wonderful to read this today Stacie! The Lord is so Good to us, isn't He? Often when we take the time to just count our blessings, well...there isn't room for anything else then...is there?? I am sure you are a blessing to many with your 30-day challenge! Well done!! Not to mention the blessing you are to your husband and kids! :)

In Him,
Camille

Margaret said...

Stacie,

Thanks for helping us look at the positive and our blessings. Good modeling for us. Thanks for the new perspective.

Connie said...

Yes, life is good! I am so thankful for Him!

busymomof10 said...

I love your positive outlook!!

I've visited your blog a couple times. I think I discovered it through someone's blog roll and then through a recent blog party. Well, I finally got around to reading the latest issues of Above Rubies and imagine my surprise to open my issue and see that beautiful picture of you and your firefighting husband! :) how fun! It was an outstanding article!

I am going to follow your awesome blog!

blessings,
Elizabeth

Cat said...

It is difficult not touching bases with you in my very full life these days; this post put me on notice for the little things in life that make up the big picture. Life IS good! Thanks Stacie, for all your encouragement and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Lily is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails