Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Andrewism and Nana Ethel Smooches

I picked up Andrew at Sunday school the other day. I asked the teacher how he was and if he had behaved. She laughed and said he was great. She said he did say one thing funny. They were talking about rules because they are studying the Ten Commandments. She asked the class about what rules they had at home. Andrew piped up and said, "We have only one rule at our house. No rules!" I was shocked! I asked Andrew where he got that saying. "Alvin and the Chipmunks movie", he sweetly replied. Little Stinker! Oh, he wants me to spike up his hair now. He said, "People aren't even going to recognize me!" He does look cute like this. It's fun when they start wanting their own style.
Lily took her first crawling steps today. I put a cell phone in front of her and she crawled to it. Is this a sign of what is to come? LOL!
Vern and Ethel (my in-laws) came up and spent part of the weekend with us. I got some sweet shots of Nana with Lily. It took a while for her to warm up to them, but once she did, they had so much fun together.
There is a big Nana Smooch! Lily would just freak out when Nana kissed her. She would screech and laugh! Very cute.

Today has been a fairly relaxing day. Steve took Marcus hunting, so I only homeschooled two kids today. Boy, does that make a difference. I asked Steve if I could take Josh on a date this afternoon. I took him for an ice cream cone and then we walked by the river. We talked and just had a wonderful relaxing time. He thanked me over and over. I need to do things like that more often. I LOVE spending one on one time with my kids.

Just finished a great book called, "Mothers and Sons" by Jean Lush. Very informative and helpful. I'm not crazy! These older sons of mine are entering into the hormonal stage and I need to give a little grace. I know what it feels like to be hormonal and it isn't fun.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

I see sweet Andrew's little picture on the wall every Thursday during my CBS class. It reminds me to say a little prayer for him.
Lily going for the phone... oh my! ha!ha!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Sometimes Josiah will want me to spike his hair so he can look like David Cook. Andrew is so cute! Such a handsome kid. That kid is going to have the girls after him.

Lily is wearing my all time favorite sleeper that Hailey wore. Oh, does that bring back memories! Love that she was going for the phone.

So glad both Marcus and Josh got to have some great one on one time with you guys.

Cat said...

A phone! You're in trouble, Stacie. Lily is a darling, as is Andrew...as are all of yours. What a nice memory you afforded Josh taking him on a date. Nice!

candy said...

I bet josh felt so honored and will remember his time with mom for a long time. I am proud of you stacie.
Lily and nana look so cute.Little Riley is wearing a lot of Lily's clothes she swims in everything but she is a beauty. Thank you so much for sharing.
Our little Lily is getting so big. crawling, i am teary. I miss them. tell everyone I love them. Andrew you sweet boy.

candy said...

I bet josh felt so honored and will remember his time with mom for a long time. I am proud of you stacie.
Lily and nana look so cute.Little Riley is wearing a lot of Lily's clothes she swims in everything but she is a beauty. Thank you so much for sharing.
Our little Lily is getting so big. crawling, i am teary. I miss them. tell everyone I love them. Andrew you sweet boy.

christy rose said...

Cute picture of Andrew!

Isn't it wonderful to have some one on one time with your kids. I just love it!

Sounds like God is speaking to you through that book! :) Thank God He does not expect us to do this parenting thing without Him. HUH?

Related Posts with Thumbnails