Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Afternoon Tea Parties


My daughter has been begging me to have tea parties with her. The last time I went to the tea parlor I bought a little tea strainer, so that we can do loose tea. It has been so much fun! We had two tea parties in two days! She better not complain for awhile! LOL! We got our our late Grandma Jeske's tea set that she made and carefully pour tea and eat lots of goodies. I made cucumber sandwiches (whole wheat bread, mayo, cucumbers, salt and pepper) and homemade lemon, almond biscotti. We had Bourbon Street Vanilla tea with milk and raw sugar. It was the perfect snack. You can see the strainer better if you click on the collage.

Andrew has been joining our tea parties. He is very careful and really enjoys participating. I really try to focus on restaurant manners and such. My goal is to be able to take all of my children one day to the local tea parlor and not be totally humiliated!

Jessica always likes to pour the tea and claims that she is the hostess. I think being able to serve tea is a huge asset to being a lady.

Today, Steve is hunting for his deer. He took the two older boys and and I am planning on going to Mom's Morning Out with the four others. Looking forward to socializing a bit with other moms. I haven't been out much lately. I just hope little Miss Lily isn't a bear. The poor thing is still teething her first bottom teeth. She just can't seem to push them through. Maybe I should try "watering her teeth" as Andrew suggested, so that "they will grow". I'm just about game to try anything! Please pray for her. Her saliva is becoming very acidic along with her poop. She is having horrible diaper rash and breaks my heart when she screams from pain.

I hate teething! After all the work to get them in, they fall out eventually! It's a bum deal! LOL!

Have a great day, everyone! I'm planning on it...
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Andrew cracks me up. I'm praying for Lily.

Bourbon Street Vanilla is my favorite. Save me some! I just think it is great that the kids are learning table manners while having fun. I need to be more intentional with Josiah. His table manners are horrendous.

Can't wait to see you Friday!

Jessica said...

Oh, the watering suggestion just cracks me up! I hope those teeth just pop right through tonight so Lily can feel better. Poor little thing, it's so sad when their lil' bums get all sore. But yay for tea parties!

candy said...

Stacie, SNOW!!!! Oh man I hope the boys dressed really really warm. Andrew is a little angel he loves his sis and doesn't like to see her hurting either.
I'm with Jackie save me some tea also. Yum.
I am praying for sweet Lily and for the "men".

candy said...

I was just sitting here remembering your cinnamon rolls.YUMMY!!! You ought to give those to the neighbors for christmas maybe. Those were good.
I better go eat breakfast.

Joyfull said...

You all made for a memorable tea party! Love that you let the boys come and use it as an example! Great job!

Cat said...

Wow, I wish you were my neighbor! I love Londonderry tea, never tried Bourbon Street Vanilla. Maybe I should do this with Isabella on Sunday when we are lolling around. I'm praying for Sweet Lily as I recall those rashes too (with my children, that is, not myself!)

Camille said...

Your pics of the tea party are so lovely...fun times! Your poor little Lily...what a dreadful thing to go through! :)
Blessings,
Camille

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

My mouth is watering just reading about your tea party :) What a creative fun thing to do with your kids. I'm with you on the teeth thing as you know I'm a little frustrated with teeth too!!! I will be praying for Lily :)

J said...

Yea!!! I am so glad to have made it over here from the blog party! Your blog has been such an encouragement to me! I especially loved reading your posts under "finances." My husband and I made a MESS of things pretty much immediately after getting married. God brought Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey into our lives and forever changed the way we handle and think about money. We paid off a significant amount of debt in about 2 years. God provided job after job to supplement our income so we could be debt free (except our mortgage). My husband worked his regular job and cut yards, etc. It was a HARD season of life, but we too, have loved the extra freedom God has given us with those debts paid. We also paid cash for my car almost one year ago. It was so exciting not to have a payment.

I don't mean to ramble, just wanted you to know how encouraging your blog is to me! (And I didn't even mention the encouragement I got reading your homeschool posts!!!)

Thanks for sharing!!!

Kimberly said...

A tea party afternoon, how lovely! My poor Hubby was not socially trained as a child. His extended family lived several miles away, some even in Norway-His parents rarely had the opportunity for social gatherings, and never taught him, social graces. I was blessed with social parents who took us to weddings and such and entertained guests at our home. That was training that I am especially greatful for. We bring out the good china on occasion, when it's not even an occasion for the good china- it's fun to dress up the table. Our children are eager participants, our boys too! One of our rules is, if you are feeling like a snack, you offer to everyone else first, and take yours last. We also take them places to practice social etiquette, it's just such an important thing to teach right along with the academic stuff.

I was telling my Tuesday Visitor's (Miss T.V.) Momma about the acidic saliva comment, could you explain that further - Neither of us had never heard that before, Miss T.V. is teething, but isn't having any diaper area or mouth issues. yet...

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Kimberly,

When all six of my children have been teething, their poop and their saliva are more acidic. It looks like red patches around their mouth where they drool, and their poop makes their bottoms tomato red. It just breaks my heart. That is how I know my kids are teething. They also have really running, acidic stool, going more often.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

J, isn't it awesome to be debt free? It is so strange to most people in this culture. Just having a mortgage is practically unheard of. I think more and more Christians are getting out from under this burden with the help of Dave Ramsey and other financially-minded Christians.

Ah, the freedom!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Kids and table manners where the subject this morning while I was working out at Curves. You're tea parties got mentioned!

Related Posts with Thumbnails