Saturday, October 17, 2009

30 Day Challenge Revisited



Ruth asked if I would consider reposting Nancy Lee Demoss' "30 Day Challenge" that some friends and I took last year. Here is the original post...

The Lord has challenged me to go 30 days without saying anything negative about my husband. I have asked four friends to hold me accountable. You know, the friends that I normally gripe too, if I think Steve is being selfish or unfair. They have also taken up the challenge and now there are five of us doing it.

I quote one of my dear friend's email ...

"I'm in, Stacie! Let this be our own Olympics where we know we will all win the gold medal, where we run the race set before us like never before. Let the games begin. We can't help but be winners in this with each other as cheerleaders and coaches, fans and participants. We have the power of the Holy Spirit on our side, Jesus is within and without, God is calling us to this challenge. I love it. And I promise not to go to anyone else with complaints to replace any of you. I will merely say, "I'm struggling" and expect to receive love, prayers, and compassion from you. Thank you for presenting us with this idea, Stacie. "

If that isn't inspiring, I don't know what is!

I can't wait to see where I am spiritually after this 30 days. I've done good today and feel like the Spirit has led me with certain responses.

Do you want to grow spiritually? Do you want turn a miserable marriage into a good one? Do want to turn a good marriage into a great one? Then take the challenge with me!

If God is with us, who can be against us?

Lord, change our hearts! You say in your Word, "Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." What is in your heart? Is it kind, loving and peaceful? Or is it bitter, miserable and vengeful?

Please leave a comment if you decide to take the challenge we can all be praying for each other that way!

LET'S DO IT!!!

12 comments:

Joyfullmom's Journal said...

I will take the challenge.....our marriage is doing better....the Lord is good but I know that there are areas that could improve. So I will join in the challenge.

hip chick said...

I will join the challenge also.

Cat said...

I would say the same thing today as I said before. Even though my DH and I are apart right now due to my daughter's health, there is plenty to work on. You extended the challenge; I'm pickin' it up! Let the games begin.

Rachel and Family said...

Just caught up on your blog. Good stuff here, real good stuff.

Those Tae Kwon Do pictures are super! You must be one proud mama to have such tough, focused kids!

Also LOVE the armpit hair picture! I will so be making sure the kids see that!

Rachel and Family said...

I can't get the armpit hair picture out of my mind!! Ha!Ha!Ha!

wife.mom.nurse said...

I have many issue that I need to get a handle on, but I am pretty good with this one.

I am praying for all of you ladies.

i have missed your blog since my computer went down!

Take care of you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Deep breath! OK, I'm taking the challenge once again. It changed my life the first time, but I know I've been slipping. I hope I can get back to doing even better. Thanks for the suggestion, Ruth, and thanks to you, Stacie, for being willing to facilitate this!

Grandma Becky said...

Stacie, I'll take the challenge with you. I am better than I used to be. It comes with years of practice. Sign me up! :0) God bless and love the photos of the kids.

Freckles and Frogs said...

I used to live in La Grande and follow Jackie's blog. So every once in a while I check out yours too! Sign me up for your challange! I'd love to give it a try! Thanks! Susan

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Susan, nice to meet you! You are signed up and I am praying for you!

Margaret said...

I am in with you all. We will prevail and enjoy the journey with our tongues harnessed and controlled through God's strength. Good luck..May we all be blessed through the process and see all of the change in our own hearts. Clean my heart, O God....

I am a gift said...

I am a friend of Ruth's and I am going to be taking the challenge please hold me up in prayer this is a very stressful time in my life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails