Monday, September 21, 2009

WWII Party For Boys Part 3

The boys with their cake.
My BIL had some extra MREs and gave one to each kid at the party. For dinner, they decided to try them out. They were so cute discovering each one. They are were all different! It was like a "grab bag" dinner.
Josh had a beef ravioli dish. Ugh!
Marcus had a veggie burger. Extra ugh! It was the perfect touch to a very WWII day! Talk about an awesome homeschool experience! I love immersing them in history!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cat said...

Good grief, Charlie Brown, did they actually eat that stuff???? They look like they loved it.

Parsley said...

I hope the kids grow up and realize how lucky they were to have such a caring mom and family.

I know that took a lot of work to plan as I've thrown some good kid parties in my time.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yes, Cat, they did eat it. Josiah's been begging me for more ever since. Luckily, he doesn't know that my hubby's got another case in the shed.

Parsley,
Like you, I feel it is so worth the work. I hope the kids will always remember what they learned and the fun they had. It really isn't too hard to do when you can share the load and expense. That is why Stacie and I do these together when we can. We try to use what we have or borrow from others. Also, we buy throughout the year when we find things on sale. Next year, they are talking WWI, oh boy. That will be a little more challenging. Maybe we can make a couple of long trenches facing each other with hay bales. We'll see if they change their minds.

Connie said...

What a hoot! I think you have a very creative gene!

Related Posts with Thumbnails