Friday, September 4, 2009

Watermelon/Grape Salad and Parmesan Chicken Casserole

The other day I got creative and made up this delicious salad.

Torn lettuce
1/2 cup of grapes
4 pieces of watermelon
chopped cucumber
1/4 cup garlic croutons
1/8 cup of glazed walnuts

Dressing is Ken's Raspberry Walnut dressing

Here is Josh's favorite casserole!

4 or 5 chicken thighs, cut in strips.
Bread with Parmesan, bread crumbs and a little garlic powder and salt.
Brown in olive oil.

Cook a cup or two of pasta (I use whole wheat macaroni). Drain and spread into a greased pan. Put the chicken on top of it.

Add a spaghetti or marinara sauce. Then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 until bubbly.





















For a homeschool project on bugs, we made ladybug snacks. It was fun, but they didn't really eat much of it. It would have looked better if I had had red apples.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cat said...

You! are a whiz in the kitchen. I can't believe how creative you are. I'd have used up ALL my creative juices just on the kids, but YOU go on and make lovely things to eat too...AND let the kids create. YOU! are amazing, darlin'. Know it!

Cat said...

P.S.
Jay DID join me, and it was sweet out on our patio with hot water for two. ;)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so glad! Thanks for your compliments!

christy rose said...

Cute snacks! And the meal looks delicous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails