Monday, September 28, 2009

Seeing Some Fruit

I know I am not the only mother that hates to see her children fighting and picking on each other. There has seemed to be a pattern for awhile of Andrew not getting along with his sibs. He is just at that annoying four-year old stage. He wants power, and he knows how to push his sibs buttons!

Yesterday, out of the blue, Marcus came up to me and told me that he had apologized to Andrew for being mean. I asked him when this latest incident happened. He said for about two years. Ooooh! He said Andrew had forgiven him.

I then inquired as to what prompted this apology. Marcus told me that God just wouldn't leave him alone about it. Hmmmm, sounds like the Holy Spirit is working in my child's life. I just couldn't contain myself and gave him a big hug and a "good job, son"!

Now that is fruit! Real, tangible and delicious fruit. This was something that this mother needed badly. Last week was pretty rough. Lots of attitudes, disciplining and a general sense of being overwhelmed by all that needed to be done in my children's hearts, housework and homeschooling.

A few minutes after this apology, I watched Andrew spontaneously run up and give Marcus a great big bear hug for no reason. I met Marcus' eye and gave him a knowing smile. I know it made Marcus' day and he could see that following and obeying God is always the best way.

Mmmm, life is good.

One last thing. I shared my bad attitude about soccer a few posts back. Well, God is doing a work in my heart. I have never had so much fun on the soccer field as I did last week. I realized that I had truly enjoyed myself. It was relaxing and the kids were great! It felt wonderful to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Only God can do a work like that!

7 comments:

Connie said...

Great job, Stacie, with the soccer and all!

It is so wonderful when you start to see God at work in the children and they start to respond. It will be your deepest joy to see them walk with God.

My play list is longer - just for you!

Parsley said...

God is so good.

Cat said...

Oh, my, what Joy, what Gladness, what Blessing the LORD has brought you through your children and their walk with God! I'm so pleased to call you friend, to know you are transparent and accountable. You are the good, Stacie!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Connie! I can't wait to listen to it.

I am looking forward to seeing more fruit in time. It is awesome!

Catherine, and I your friend! I love you.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Please tell Marcus how proud I am of him for listening to the Holy Spirit and then ACTING on his promptings. Stace, you are doing good about letting the HS have His way with the kids.

Way to go on the soccer attitude! I'm so glad you had fun this time.

Rachel and Family said...

It's so good when we actully see fruit. Now you can start picking!

Rachel and Family said...

actually, I mean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails