Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Published Again!

I've had the honor this month to be published in two different Christian magazines. This still just amazes me that God uses me in this area. I used to hate writing. I'm terrible with grammar and spelling. It's forced me to be grow in this area. My poor sister is my editor. I send my devotions to her first and sometimes they come back looking very differently. Thank the Lord, He has given her the gift of editing!
The article, "Steve's Dirty Socks" is the first magazine called, An Encouraging Word. The other is called, "Husband's and Church" and it is in Above Rubies.
My daddy (he is a horse-shoer and rancher). A dyed-in-the-wool true cowboy. Don't you love that "stach"?
This is what I made last night. I had a loaf of bread that didn't rise, so I cut it up and made bread pudding for breakfast. I just made up the recipe and started dumping things in my KitchenAid. Let's see, I think I put in 10 to 12 eggs, a quart of milk, maple syrup, raw sugar, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. I poured it over the top of the yucky bread and then let it soak all night. As soon as got up in the morning I threw it in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes or so. Then I topped it with whipped cream. It wasn't very sweet so I let the kids put a little bit of maple syrup on top of it. They scarfed it!

Today has been really mellow. I had trouble homeschooling. Teaching division is impossible right now for one of my children. I am going to back up and keep focusing on multiplication. It's just not working and even though they are teaching it at his grade level in public school, this kid is just not there! Rules confuse him and math is nothing BUT rules! This is the beauty of homeschooling. I can scale it back until he is ready for it.

Lily is now sitting up! I've got pictures I'll try to post soon. She is such a happy camper most of the time if she gets to sit up. She has always hated being on her back and tummy.

Pay day was today, so hubby shopped with the little ones (besides Lily) so that I could homeschool without all the noise. It was great! He even put all the groceries away while I paid the bills. He then let me go to my little waterfall quiet spot and do my devotions for an hour. It was heavenly! He is now taking the kids to soccer practice so that I can make dinner and then clean up. What a blessed day, so peaceful (except the occasional fight).

I love having my hubby home! It is nice to get a break from the disciplining. I try to let him take care of things.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Cat said...

Being published brings great joy. I know you aren't proud because God gave you the skill and desire. Jay and I both loved your article in Above Rubies.

Your dad is such a kick. Don't we come from interesting families??? And, the bread pudding looks delish!

Connie said...

Congrats on being published! I know others will be blessed.

May you have many more pleasant days - it sounded like a wonderful gift to you.

christy rose said...

That is wonderful about your article getting published. I am sure you will bless many more people with what God is showing you through that.

Rachel and Family said...

God is using you to minister to His daughters... you GO GIRL!!!

(I am friends with someone famous!-YOU ;)

Lynn said...

How fun -- I came to your blog because I just read your "Husbands & Church" article in Above Rubies and wanted to stop by and say hi and how much I enjoyed your story. You did a great job! It sounds like God is really using your writing these days to lift up and encourage other wives and moms. It is good to meet you!

candy said...

Wow Stace,how cool that women are aready responding to your articles.I am so proud of you for doing what God has called you to do. We are all BLESSED by you/God

Robin said...

I loved seeing your name on an article a few months back. It was fun to think, "I know her!".

The Park family said...

Congrats on being published! Funny thing is I have had the magazine for quite a while now and just read it today! Sad but I don't get much reading time and what I do have needs to be in the word! LOVED the article and was wondering if there was somewhere on-line where it can be read? I have a friend that would greatly benefit from it but she doesn't get the Above Rubies magazine. Please let me know! Thanks again & congrats!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so proud of you. I finally got my Above Rubies magazine in the mail today. It really is a wonderful article. BTW, I enjoy being your editor because I get the privilege of seeing your work before anyone else.

Lily and Dad are so cute together. I love to see her in that cute camo onesie.

Yum on the bread pudding. Wish my family liked it. I'm the only one! What is wrong with these people?

Glad you didn't have to go grocery shopping today. What a blessing!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You can search my blog under "Husbands and Church" or you can go under the my labels called "Devotions" and look in there. It is also under "Marriage" in my labels.

Grandma Becky said...

I've been published before in a homeschooling magazine, years ago. It's fun to see your words in print and pray there is some encouragement in the word and work you do. Glad you were able to do that and encourage others.
How is your mom doing? Have been thinking about her and praying for her as well.
How do you subscribe to Encouraging Word? Have a good week.

http://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Grandma Becky,

You call look up An Encouraging Word online and get a subscription. Thanks everyone for you encouraging and sweet comments!

Camille said...

Just came across your blog...you made a comment after me on "She Looketh Well...", Michelle's blog. Something I noticed in your post here is that Math has been a bit challenging. Have you ever looked into "Professor B Math"? It is so wonderful because it "unlocks" the myteries of math and gives answers to those nagging math questions. I love it and my kids do too...just something I thought you might find helpful.

Blessings,
Camille

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Camille, for your suggestion for math. It sounds great!

Camille said...

You can go to my blog and on the side bar I have the link to Prof. B math if you are interested...might be a blessing to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails