Monday, September 7, 2009

Mom's Doing Well!!!

We were so blessed to be able to travel to Bend. Our whole family went. Steve dropped Lily and I off to help Mom out after her surgery on Saturday. I couldn't believe how great she looked.
Babies are always the best medicine for Grandmas! Mom ended up having 8 screws and a plate put into her ankle. Everyone kept saying she had the best surgeon in Bend. I guess he is an expert on ankles.

Mom was in high spirits and so optimistic. She had an amazing attitude. I think the pills helped a lot! She was out of the hospital on Sunday. She stayed a night in the motel with us and then we took her back to our place (about a 2 1/2 hour trip). Another praise is that we had our big van. We had room for her to take up a whole bench seat, so she could stretch her leg out and prop it up. We would have never been able to take her if it had been 4 weeks before this. No other family was able to come up due to a bunch of different circumstances. It felt so good to be able to help her and just be with her for moral support.
We did let all the kids visit once. It was kind of crazy! Mom did enjoy seeing them all. The rooms were very small!
We ended up eating out every meal. Here is Jacob at a Chinese restaurant. He was very happy! He likes rice.

I am so happy we are home. Larry came and picked Mom up from our house. I know she is safe and sound. We'll go up and visit her in about 10 days on our way to the boy's birthday party at my sis's.

One of the cutest moments was when Mom realized that she didn't have anything to wear out of the hospital. We called up Steve and asked if he could buy her an outfit somewhere. We thought a pajama set would be the best idea. He went to Old Navy and bought a large shirt and 2x bottoms. I held them up and just laughed! I could have fit two of my mom in them! It ended up being a blessing because it had a draw string. The legs were big enough to get over her cast!

All in all, it was a sweet time watching after my mommy. It felt good to be able to do something for her. She got choked up when we said goodbye and kissed me. The whole thing provided a pleasant bonding time between mother and daughter.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Parsley said...

So glad for a positive update.

Amy said...

I'm so glad she's doing well!!! It does feel so good when you can help someone. How could you not have a big smile on your face when your holding Lily??? :)

Scrapingirl said...

I'm glad she's doing well.

Cassandra-ann said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well Stacie...
cassandra xx

Connie said...

What a wonderful report. Am so glad she is doing so well and that you had such a special time with your Mom!

candy said...

Yay!!! Praise the Lord,I am so happy Kricket is doing well.
How funny 2x pants. Sounds like God used Steve to get the size that would fit her leg. poor guy we're laughing and he was being so kind. Gotta love him. Thanks for sharing.

Cat said...

YOU! sound like YOU! are doing well. What a blow to realize your mom has had such a serious accident! You've done a beautiful job of going to the rescue and dealing will all sort of extra stuff. I'm proud of you!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Steve did great on that outfit. She loved the color and it looked so cute on her.

Thank you for taking care of her in Bend and for helping her get part way home. You guys are awesome!

Natalie said...

so glad to hear your mom's OK :)
hope she's able to go home soon. I agree kids are the best medicine

christy rose said...

I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing well and that you and the kids were able to see her and help her out. I think you are right about there not being any better medicine for her than her grandkids.

CB said...

Such good news! I prayed for her & it's so wonderful to see her with such a big smile on her face & to hear she is doing so well!! PTL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails