Friday, September 4, 2009

Mom in Motorcyle Accident-Please Pray

My sister just called me from Burn's Hospital. My mom, step dad (Larry) and Jackie's family were all at Alvord Desert camping and riding dirt bikes. They all went for a ride to Mickey's Hot springs. Jackie and Michael went ahead and Mom was in the back with Josiah riding behind her. Jackie and Michael didn't notice when her bike hit a rut and went down (no mirrors on those dirt bikes). It took them two hours to finally get back to her. They found Josiah waving his head off, the dirt bike on its side and Mom not moving. She said it scared her to death.

God gave a five year old strength to lift that bike off of his grandma. I am so thankful. It makes me want to cry. I'm so proud of Josiah. He didn't panic and he actually helped Mom from going into shock as she told him nursery rhymes and made up stories as they waited for help.

They saw how bad her ankle is. She said it is just nasty. Probably every bone in it is broken. They met an ambulance (this is two and a half hours away from anywhere) and they took her to Burns. They are now trying to get her to a place where she can have surgery done, either in Boise, ID or Bend, Oregon. I am hoping for Bend, so that we can go see her.

Jackie said she is in a tremendous amount of pain. She is also worried about blood clots.

I just called my sweet hubby, who is working overtime. He is coming home as soon as he can to be with me and try to figure out a plan of how we can go see her tomorrow.

I would covet your prayers for my mom. I'm sorry if the grammar in this post isn't perfect (is it ever?). I'm typing as fast as I can and praying at the same time.

I'll post when I can with updates...

15 comments:

RaD said...

Oh my! I will definately be praying. Thank the Lord he gave Josiah wisdom even at his young age.

Scrapingirl said...

Oh, how scary. Prayers are being sent your way.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Praise God she is in Bend. That is a lot closer.

Jessica said...

Absolutely, will be praying! I'm so glad that everyone's "ok" (meaning left the site living), that no kids were hurt, too. How wonderful she'll be within visiting distance for you and that you can go be by your mother's side in her time of need! I hope that she heals quickly and without complication. I will pray for your family. Oh, and Josiah rocks! :)

Parsley said...

Praying my friend.

Connie said...

We will certainly be praying. That is a lot of pain to endure. May God help that ankle to heal.

Grandma Becky said...

Prayers for your mom and her healing. Thankful for Josiah's attention to his grandma's conditon. That's awesome!! Take care, my friend.

Amy said...

You are all in our prayers!!!! Tell Jackie to give Josiah a big hug and kiss for being such a brave boy!!! Thank God her injuries aren't worse and that Josiah is ok. I wish I lived close so I could help you :( Please keep us posted as much as you can.

Cat said...

In prayer for you, Stacie. God has given me peace about this; I hope He has given you the same. Where was Hailey in all this????

Naomi said...

Praying for you all Stacie.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Prayers to you, your mom, your sister and that little angel nephew of yours! I actually found you via Jackie's blog - who I know via the La Grande Farmers Market!

Anyway, you girls have an awesome family, awesome faith, and I am praying..

OurLilFullFam said...

Stacie,

Just saw this. I am praying here and praising God that Josiah was so quick thinking at 5 (could it be because his uncle steve has given him some emergency instructions?)

Praying and waiting for updates!

Stephanie

Beth said...

Praying for wisdom, guidance and protection for all concerned. May your Mom recover quickly!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you everyone for your support and for your prayers! She is doing great and is home now.

christy rose said...

Stacie, I did not know that you and Jackie were sisters. I knew that you knew each other and seemed to be friends though me being friends with both of you in blogging land. But, I did not know that you were sisters. I stopped by Jackie's yesterday and got caught up on reading her posts because I was unable to get online much for the last week and a half. Anyway, I read about her desert trip and your mom's accident and how brave that Josiah was. I couldn't help but cry as I was reading it. As I write this, tears still stream down my face, thinking about how God must have strengthened him to be able to lift that motorcycle and remain calm through it all. 2 1/2 hours is a long time for a five year old to not get panicked too.
Anyway, I prayed for your mom and your family even though I did not know it was your family. And I am continuing to do so.
Christy

Related Posts with Thumbnails