Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Marcus, My Second Born!


Dear Marcus,

I can't believe you are nine years old! My time flies when you are having fun!

My son, you are a unique child. I know we have our bad days, but there are also many, many good days.

Your spiritual grasp on things has always amazed me. You have asked questions that have challenged me to get in the Word over and over through the years. You seriously "get" so many spiritual concepts that many adults have a hard time grasping. I love to watch your faith grow! I am so thankful that you have a heart for the persecuted Christians around the world. You love justice, which appeals to God's heart. I think you would make an awesome Voice of the Martyrs rep someday. I hope we can keep doing Bible studies together. It is so much fun drinking in God's Word together!

Yoy are my prayer warrior! If I ask you to pray for something or someone, I can count on you. Sometimes you are praying before I even ask.

You are so smart and it has been a pleasure teaching you in our homeschool. I love that your LOVE math, reading and writing! You have an amazing ability to problem-solve in your head. I wish I could do that! I know that I will be able to count on you to come and fix my computer when you move out of the house. You love to learn and it is wonderful to watch.

I'm so proud of your writing! Your books are so fun and very creative. I am glad you like to draw like me and look forward to watching you excel even more in this area.

You are my baby person. It is so sweet to watch you with Lily and Jacob. You have always loved babies and you have been a great help to me in that area.

I hope you have a very special birthday today! I'm so glad I get to take you to the tea parlor, just me and you. It will be another memory that I will cherish. I am at the halfway mark with raising you. When all is said and done, I pray that we will have a deep friendship and that you will understand why I am strict with you. I want to keep pointing you towards God and help you figure out what calling he has for your life. I know that you will be a kingdom laborer.

Many, Many blessings, my nine-year old son!

Love,

Your Mommy
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cat said...

You are having birthdays one after another! Give my love to that boy today too, Stacie. He IS special, and to spend time at your favorite place with him will be a cherished memory for both of you.

Connie said...

So precious - I hope you save this meaningful letter for him.

October begins the birthday season at my house - I shop for birthday and Christmas at the same time.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday, Marcus! It has been such a delight to watch you as you grow up. I'm looking forward to seeing what God does in your life. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. We are going to have a really fun party for all you boys. Don't forget to bring all your WWII gear because you are going to need it! Tell your mom to make sure your WWII toys are washed so we can put them on the cake. I love all you boys and can't wait to throw you guys a party I hope you'll never forget.

Parsley said...

Happy birthday to him!

christy rose said...

Happy 9th birthday Marcus! Your momma sure does think you are wonderful! :)

candy said...

Happy Birthday dear Marcus. I love you.Have a wonderful day. Enjoy tea with Mom, I know you love tea. And tommorow You and Josh have a fabulous party, Aunt Jackie will definitly make it special. Thank you so much for introducing Wyatt to soccer. he had a blast.Thank you for being patient with him.
Love Candy

Related Posts with Thumbnails