Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Firehouse Potatoes Romanoff

I made up this recipe the other day with some things I had on hand.

Firehouse Potatoes Romanoff

Combine:

1-2 cups of leftover chicken (chopped
1 cup of ham (chopped)
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup diced onions


Boil till tender:

6 cups of unpeeled, chopped new potatoes
1-2 cups of yellow squash or zucchini

Drain

Add potatoes and squash to meat mixture. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For topping, add 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese and sprinkle it with paprika. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
I just had to throw in a picture of Jacob with his sister's apron on licking the Kitchen Aid paddle. We were reading our AWANA Cubbie book. Cubbie liked blueberries and honey, so I found a recipe for blueberry and honey muffins. We ran to the kitchen and made them really fast. They just loved them!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love the picture of Jacob. OK, so yummy! It looks like it would be a great recipe for nursing mothers. I'm going to have to figure out how to make my own cottage cheese next.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Grandma Becky,
I left a comment on your blog yesterday, but I looked to day and it wasn't there. Just wondering if you are getting your comments. Was wondering if you were in the Patriot Guards. My hubby is in the Oregon Veterans Motorcycle club. Please leave a comment on my blog if you got my message or this one.

God Bless,
Jackie

Related Posts with Thumbnails